Porsche 718 Forum banner
301 - 320 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed the AIO FW update yesterday and it's working great! My PCM was previously unpatched and running firmware version P3300 which was updated to K5186_1 after the install. This process is now easy enough for most people to do themselves. I have been wanting Android Auto (car came with Nav and Car Play) since I got the car and I was hoping Porsche would finally provide us with the promised factory solution. But it became apparent this was not going to happen and when the automated MIB AIO solution became available and was installable via SD card with no external computer connected, I decided to give it a go.

Let me be clear here, not everyone will want to try this. I know plenty of people that would never attempt this on their own. Some very basic computer skills are required: downloading the AIO update (use Free Download Manager to greatly speed up the download), formatting the SD card, installing and using a program (7-zip) to extract the AIO update, and copying the unpacked files to the SD card. I found the instructions to be clear and you will have success if you carefully read and follow them.

A big thanks to MIB-Wiki, Westcoaster, and everyone else who contributed to developing this amazing solution!

edit: added links to Free Download Manager and 7-Zip recommended in this thread

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty common. Basically you need to wait until the head unit fully boots up then plug in your phone. I worked around it now by using AAWireless dongle. It can handle retrying longer and also ignores the authenticity check.
Thank you! Which wireless unit did you go with?

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is an updated AIO version out for a few days now.
MHI2_US_POG11_K5186_1_MU1476_AIO_20220723.7z

Not much visible to the outside, but many changes under the hood.
Now widely based on M.I.B.
Basic system backup will now be run during installations, before any coding changes are done to unit. This will always provide a "stock" backup as long as unit was not touched so far.

For now there is nothing know which can be added to this AIO, so it might be the last version ;)
Or is anything missed by anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently gave this a shot on my 18 718S! Install seemed to have gone off without a hitch, and I get the prompt on the head unit that android auto is active and to connect to phone, but I get nothing on the screen after. Has anyone run into this and know of a fix?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Recently gave this a shot on my 18 718S! Install seemed to have gone off without a hitch, and I get the prompt on the head unit that android auto is active and to connect to phone, but I get nothing on the screen after. Has anyone run into this and know of a fix?
Best share your log file from /backup/logs/

It is always worth to try a different cable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is an updated AIO version out for a few days now.
MHI2_US_POG11_K5186_1_MU1476_AIO_20220723.7z

Not much visible to the outside, but many changes under the hood.
Now widely based on M.I.B.
Basic system backup will now be run during installations, before any coding changes are done to unit. This will always provide a "stock" backup as long as unit was not touched so far.

For now there is nothing know which can be added to this AIO, so it might be the last version ;)
Or is anything missed by anyone?
If I already used the earlier AIO_202207/19 to activate my Nav is it safe to now run the new AIO_202207/23 Thx!

·
Registered
29 Posts
safe yes, but no need to do it.
WIll not add any new functions or change your patch.

Newer version just works a bit different, but has the same result.
Thanks for the reply, since everything is working properly and I don't use Android Auto I'll leave it alone :). Very grateful for everyone's hard work!!! (y)(y). Now just need to find someone in my area with PIWIS 3 to help activate the cluster. :unsure:

301 - 320 of 366 Posts