Porsche 718 Forum banner
361 - 380 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 3D fix on GPS antenna, my build in navi working perfectly once I have it enabled through GEM (I spec my 2022 with car play only). But the "Automatic time sync" option is still grey out. So how can I enable the automatic time sync? any setting I miss on the GEM?

·
Registered
2017 Boxster 718S
15 Posts
Passing on what I have learnt: This is a PIWIS setting and not set in GEM. I you have the gps aerial (which it seems you do) and if this option is greyed out and defaulted to on (which most seem to be) it doesn’t need ‘ungreying’ as it will automatically put you on the time zone of your location. If you do want this ungreyed so you can choose if it is on or off then you will need access to PIWIS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Passing on what I have learnt: This is a PIWIS setting and not set in GEM. I you have the gps aerial (which it seems you do) and if this option is greyed out and defaulted to on (which most seem to be) it doesn’t need ‘ungreying’ as it will automatically put you on the time zone of your location. If you do want this ungreyed so you can choose if it is on or off then you will need access to PIWIS.
^^^ correct, and if you code the cluster display to become active with PIWIS and if you used MIB AIO method to patch for Nav the option to select auto time is in the cluster menu. If you de-select auto time the option for auto time zone become available in the PCM. That's how mine is working.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes, if the auto time sync is on, that's good for me, I don't need to turn it off. Just found out my PCM+ time not sync properly after I disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a while so I have to manually set the time. Not big deal just too lazy even setting the time LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
The last time I updated maps was from the SD card, inserted into PCM and then use the normal user accessible menus, I will have to look for the procedure but it was very straight forward, along the lines of from the map version screen, select option and then update, it asked from where (OTA or SD) select SD and it recognized the update, asked for which maps (NAR has lots!). It took while but eventually completed.
Quick question: you’re saying that the NAR maps from MIB with this file structure:

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Circle

Is able to be loaded via the normal PCM update procedure, i.e. Nav-> Opt-> Set Nav-> Update map. Or is that for a different nav update file?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Quick question: you’re saying that the NAR maps from MIB with this file structure:

View attachment 45759

Is able to be loaded via the normal PCM update procedure, i.e. Nav-> Opt-> Set Nav-> Update map. Or is that for a different nav update file?
If I understand your questions, then YUP!

·
Registered
2018 718 CS
190 Posts
I was able to activate CarPlay on my 2018 718 Cayman S using this DIY, which BTW I took delivery today.

Thanks to everyone that contributed. It is in fact a bit scary at first, especially for those of us not savvy in low level computer coding, but certainly doable.

I do have OEM navigation with the 2018 maps, so I may do the map update later. Again, thanks!

One question though, after finishing with all activations and updates, do I need to delete MIB?

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 PDK
58 Posts
I just purchased a new 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 yesterday (remote dealer, never seen the car besides pics yet! pick up in a week or so) and it came with Smartphone compartment, Navigation with Porsche Connect, Voice Control. I'm an Android guy and have been following a variety of threads here and on Rennlist and I know the process has changed, but now I need to pay more attention because the dream car has happen much sooner than expected!!! In my situation, since it comes with Nav...I would expect to enable Android Auto and maybe update the maps. Is there anything else that I can add/update? Lastly, where should I look to be able to start reading/learning about how to do this myself using the latest method/best practices? Many thanks!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I just purchased a new 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 yesterday (remote dealer, never seen the car besides pics yet! pick up in a week or so) and it came with Smartphone compartment, Navigation with Porsche Connect, Voice Control. I'm an Android guy and have been following a variety of threads here and on Rennlist and I know the process has changed, but now I need to pay more attention because the dream car has happen much sooner than expected!!! In my situation, since it comes with Nav...I would expect to enable Android Auto and maybe update the maps. Is there anything else that I can add/update? Lastly, where should I look to be able to start reading/learning about how to do this myself using the latest method/best practices? Many thanks!
Other than reading your manual, check out the Good to Know App, along with a ton of useful threads on this forum.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 PDK
58 Posts
Other than reading your manual, check out the Good to Know App, along with a ton of useful threads on this forum.
Thanks, good info for general get up to speed on the car. P USA already linked My Porsche ID to the VIN, and downloaded stuff there. But I was looking for the current best way/DIY instructions for getting AA activated on my car and anything else that makes sense?

·
Registered
166 Posts
The easiest method for me was using the all-in-one image located here:

MIB Solution :: Login (the MHI2_US_POG11_K5186_1_MU1476_AIO_20220723.7z archive).

This page: MHI2_US_POG11_K5186_1 MU1476 AIO has a lot more technical information. That said, based on the instructions on the page and information here, I did the following:

Download and extract the contents of the archive to a FAT32 formatted SD card. After that, turn the ignition to the acc/on position, but don't start the engine. After the unit is powered on, go to the home screen (press the home button) and insert the SD card in the first slot. After a few seconds to a minute it will detect the updated image and start the update. Just wait until it goes through everything and you get to a menu that looks like a bunch of modules listed. This video shows the process once you have the SD card setup, I referenced it multiple times before and during the update:
Should take less than 10-15min and you just need to turn off the car and turn it back on and you're good to go.

Personally I only cared about android auto so I haven't done the maps update yet.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 PDK
58 Posts
The easiest method for me was using the all-in-one image located here:

MIB Solution :: Login (the MHI2_US_POG11_K5186_1_MU1476_AIO_20220723.7z archive).

This page: MHI2_US_POG11_K5186_1 MU1476 AIO has a lot more technical information. That said, based on the instructions on the page and information here, I did the following:

Download and extract the contents of the archive to a FAT32 formatted SD card. After that, turn the ignition to the acc/on position, but don't start the engine. After the unit is powered on, go to the home screen (press the home button) and insert the SD card in the first slot. After a few seconds to a minute it will detect the updated image and start the update. Just wait until it goes through everything and you get to a menu that looks like a bunch of modules listed. This video shows the process once you have the SD card setup, I referenced it multiple times before and during the update:
Should take less than 10-15min and you just need to turn off the car and turn it back on and you're good to go.

Personally I only cared about android auto so I haven't done the maps update yet.
Exactly what I was looking for! thanks. Since I have to fly to dealer, 700 miles away, then drive home, is it realistic to activate AA after taking posession, but before starting my trip home? Love to have AA for nav, but could "make do" with the built in system as well as run Google Maps on my phone separately.

361 - 380 of 444 Posts