Porsche 718 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not good to hear, but paypal is great security. Why don't you go the software option with unichip? I've emailed them and they seem quite responsive and a few successful installs on here already.
What do you mena with software option with unichip?
They sent me 3 firmwares and all of them worked worst than before

·
Registered
839 Posts
What do you mena with software option with unichip?
They sent me 3 firmwares and all of them worked worst than before
This is the software version here:
I hadn't seen you on that thread so assumed you had an AA hardware module.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is the software version here:
I hadn't seen you on that thread so assumed you had an AA hardware module.
Thanks for the info but I don’t have any slot on my PCM so I guess this will not fit on my car. Right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe you need PCM 4.0 for the software version. The slot for the SD card is hidden behind the Porsche flip panel just below the CD slot. Try flipping it up.
I think this is only available on the PCM with NAV option. I don’t have NAV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmm, that's too bad, I wonder if your 991.2 is slightly different when it comes to how long the accessory power stays on for? Perhaps it is getting a signal through the system to shut down after the car is turned off.
If you jumper from an "accessory power" fuse, it stays on for 20 minutes. That's how I powered the NaviPlus Android Auto module (which I ironically just removed over the weekend). I put a fuse jumper into the passenger footwell fuse block. Bottom row, either 2nd or 3rd fuse from the right side. It worked great in the "I'm getting gas or a cup of coffee and dont want the system to shutoff" scenario.
I have been struggling as well. Right now I have my 4G Highend Video Unit tapped into B3 and my ROIK-10 in D4. It works great but does not stay on when I turn off the engine. I am however concerned about using D4 in the long run. It does not appear to be timed. I get this warning when returning to the car “Battery Protection Was Active During Parking”. This seems to indicate the battery protects itself by shutting off this circuit after some time. This does not sound right. At every restart, the charge is down to ~ 11V, and it’s probably not good.

I would rather use a circuit that does not rely on the battery protection. How about D9 or D10, which are the circuits for the electric sockets – are they timed, is it what you refer to as the "Accessory Power" fuse?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not in eurp

Not in Europe
I just had the software AA version installed and they did not need to use the SD car slot, just the USB/ethernet interface via the glove box. Although I did already have OEM Carplay option.

The AA/Carplay software option is definitely the way to go if your existing hardware/software supports it. Really avoids all the headache of trying to wire something in. See my post here:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have been struggling as well. Right now I have my 4G Highend Video Unit tapped into B3 and my ROIK-10 in D4. It works great but does not stay on when I turn off the engine. I am however concerned about using D4 in the long run. It does not appear to be timed. I get this warning when returning to the car “Battery Protection Was Active During Parking”. This seems to indicate the battery protects itself by shutting off this circuit after some time. This does not sound right. At every restart, the charge is down to ~ 11V, and it’s probably not good.

I would rather use a circuit that does not rely on the battery protection. How about D9 or D10, which are the circuits for the electric sockets – are they timed, is it what you refer to as the "Accessory Power" fuse?

View attachment 28530

View attachment 28531

View attachment 28532

View attachment 28533

View attachment 28534

View attachment 28535
Any luck with this? I am sorting this out at this moment, I don't want anything staying on after I pull the keep out of the ignition, if there is one of those positions in the fuse panel that stays on all of the time then I will add a manual switched lead to run the ROiK and the front camera I have installed...

·
Registered
12 Posts
No update. I had thought about adding a manual switch to be able to turn the ROIK on/off manually but they got to it. I could not find out more info about the "“Battery Protection Was Active During Parking” situation and if it's a bad idea to rely on this permanently. That's what I am doing for now though.

·
Registered
593 Posts
No update. I had thought about adding a manual switch to be able to turn the ROIK on/off manually but they got to it. I could not find out more info about the "“Battery Protection Was Active During Parking” situation and if it's a bad idea to rely on this permanently. That's what I am doing for now though.
It is relatively easy to add a switch for this if you are a little handy with these things, here is a picture of what I did in my 981 for the front/rear camera selection (right switch) and main power. I will also post what I find as I go forward regarding the fuse box supplied power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is relatively easy to add a switch for this if you are a little handy with these things, here is a picture of what I did in my 981 for the front/rear camera selection (right switch) and main power. I will also post what I find as I go forward regarding the fuse box supplied power.

View attachment 29233
Neat! Sounds like a straightforward Saturday morning project. Where did you find a switch that fits so perfectly?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Neat! Sounds like a straightforward Saturday morning project. Where did you find a switch that fits so perfectly?
Being an electronics tech from way back I had one of the switches, and I found the other at a local electronic parts store, however most of these are available on Amazon. For this current project I will be going with a slightly different switch format in that location, fabricating square holes is very time consuming, round switch hole are much easier! 😉

This is just an example, I have yet to choose what I will go with: Amazon.com: Twidec/8Pcs SPST Round Dot Lighted Rocker Switch Toggle Control for Car Or Boat 20A 12V DC On/Off White LED Light with Pre-soldered Wires KCD2-102N-W-X: Industrial & Scientific

I might have to find a way to add the front camera another way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wait - it doesn't fit behind the PCM? It sure looks like it should be mountable on top of the PCM behind the screen - especially if you didn't order the nav module.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts