Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are scheduled service intervals (every 10k mi. or 12 months, whichever comes first).

Given the lockdown here in Houston and my hesitations about staying in a motel (for a auto tour), I don't see making my 30k mi. mark before the end of 12 months.

I've read somewhere that Porsche is discussing extending the 12 mo. requirement, given that many owners are not adding much mileage this year.

Does anyone know?

·
Registered
435 Posts
It’s not a problem. Mine was due in March. I didn’t get the oil changed till the beginning of July. I only put 800 miles on the car since last year and the car is stored in a climate controlled garage. I was assured by the selling dealer that it was fine and had no impact on warranty.
I finally made an appointment to have the car serviced and was treated rudely at the dealership and left. Took the car to an independent and paid 71 dollars for an oil change. Brought my own oil and filter. The independent supplied a new crush washer since I had forgotten to acquire one. In and out in an hour. Done with my selling dealer. I had a less than satisfying experience two years in a row.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had an appointment at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach in early April for my 10K/1 Year service. The service advisor told me there would be no warranty issue if I postponed it so I did. It unexpectedly became very convenient to do it in early June (nearest dealer 75 miles away and needed to be going past there). There was minimal mask compliance by the Champion employees and it was impossible to be in the busy crowded office space with the service advisors without unmasked employees and customers repeatedly walking by well within an arms length. Not a single sales person in the showroom was masked or even tried to maintain any reasonable distance from me. The two guys at the parts counter had masks but had them either holding up their chin or not on at all. Had to stop by again on July 3 as one of my key fobs stopped working. Mask compliance was no better, maybe worse. I called Melbourne Porsche (75 miles in opposite direction) and they told me they had no policy on masks and most employees were not using them. There is not a snowballs chance in **** I will be back to any Porsche dealer until this is over or I just have no choice. We were thinking about a new Macan to replace my 2016 BMW X3 (that is why I tried to go into the sales department) but since there is nothing driving buying a new car other than I just want a new Macan toy, that also will not happen until sometime next year.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please understand that the reference to Covid-19 here, has to do with the minimal mileage we are putting in the cars due to the lockdown.

There is a thread about mask policy. I am not being rude, but mask/no mask can derail any thread.

I have had the 20k mi. service (prepaid) done last September (2019) just before I left NYC. Now I have 26500 on the clock, but I don't envision going past 28k by September.

However, I've had the oil changed at 25k mi. (I have the oil changed every 5k mi.) in February and it shows as 'the next oil change is in Feb 21'.

I am just worried that if I show up for the 30k/3yr prepaid service at 30k/3.5 yr they may try to welch...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I got my second annual service (prepaid) done at Porsche Stevens Creek here in San Jose. They've got very strong COVID-19 policies. Plexiglass shields, masks, separate "new pen" "used pen" containers - I felt very safe.

They also had a 918, in a grey/white Martini livery that I lusted after....

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had an appointment at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach in early April for my 10K/1 Year service. The service advisor told me there would be no warranty issue if I postponed it so I did. It unexpectedly became very convenient to do it in early June (nearest dealer 75 miles away and needed to be going past there). There was minimal mask compliance by the Champion employees and it was impossible to be in the busy crowded office space with the service advisors without unmasked employees and customers repeatedly walking by well within an arms length. Not a single sales person in the showroom was masked or even tried to maintain any reasonable distance from me. The two guys at the parts counter had masks but had them either holding up their chin or not on at all. Had to stop by again on July 3 as one of my key fobs stopped working. Mask compliance was no better, maybe worse. I called Melbourne Porsche (75 miles in opposite direction) and they told me they had no policy on masks and most employees were not using them. There is not a snowballs chance in **** I will be back to any Porsche dealer until this is over or I just have no choice. We were thinking about a new Macan to replace my 2016 BMW X3 (that is why I tried to go into the sales department) but since there is nothing driving buying a new car other than I just want a new Macan toy, that also will not happen until sometime next year.
Very sad to hear this, especially as a fellow south floridian. And this is why the pandemic will not get better...

·
Registered
718 CB / GT silver - 2019 vintage
16 Posts
There are scheduled service intervals (every 10k mi. or 12 months, whichever comes first).

Given the lockdown here in Houston and my hesitations about staying in a motel (for a auto tour), I don't see making my 30k mi. mark before the end of 12 months.

I've read somewhere that Porsche is discussing extending the 12 mo. requirement, given that many owners are not adding much mileage this year.

Does anyone know?
This page might help you out - some detailed info on the impact of Covid on warranties. You might find the Q&A on Porsche Approved Warranty (PAW) relevant (vs. the newsroom article that focuses exclusively on the new car/vehicle warranty only).

Reactions: DriveInHouston
1 - 7 of 7 Posts