Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Looking for some feedback from the community.
Currently in the market for a 718 CPO. Saw that Porsche has 1.95% APR and it looks like the perfect time to get one with low miles. I've been searching for the past month and nothing that screams great deal and dealerships are not providing deep discounts. Seems like there are not that many 718's with manual transmission available and the ones that are available they are still asking too much..
Do you guys think I should wait it out?
Im considering
-CPO 2018 Cayman with 12k that's going for $49k with Sport Chronos, Sport Exhaust, Alcantara Wheel, 20' Carrera Wheels - Manual transmission
-CPO 2018 Boxster S with 6k that going for $59k with pretty much nothing, very basic. 19' wheels, white - Manual Transmission
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently picked up a CPO 2018 CS manual after shopping nationwide for months and found the market to be the same. If I wanted a PDK car there were some pretty decent deals to be had, but it's hard to find a manual if you are looking for a particular spec. For reference my car was a $94k MSRP, 6k miles, CPO and nearly exactly how I would option a new one. Ended up on the lower half of $60k + TTL. The dealer was willing to work a bit on the price and overall and I felt like I got a decent deal considering I found the exact car that even checked the "nice to have" options... plus I was really lucky to have it be a local dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently picked up a CPO 2018 CS manual after shopping nationwide for months and found the market to be the same. If I wanted a PDK car there were some pretty decent deals to be had, but it's hard to find a manual if you are looking for a particular spec. For reference my car was a $94k MSRP, 6k miles, CPO and nearly exactly how I would option a new one. Ended up on the lower half of $60k + TTL. The dealer was willing to work a bit on the price and overall and I felt like I got a decent deal considering I found the exact car that even checked the "nice to have" options... plus I was really lucky to have it be a local dealer.
That's great! Looks like a great deal for you. Im just surprise they are not discounting them more..Are they truly moving that fast of the lot? Or my guess is that people are holding on to their manual transmission 718s?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Perhaps, because of Covid-19 they are not getting many new orders.

The pool of CPO 718s comes mostly from people who either order new or a CPO 911 (beats me why...). Now add the fact that there are fewer manuals to start with and you get the picture.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps, because of Covid-19 they are not getting many new orders.

The pool of CPO 718s comes mostly from people who either order new or a CPO 911 (beats me why...). Now add the fact that there are fewer manuals to start with and you get the picture.
Agree. Question now is should I wait until there is bigger pool of CPO cars available? Or jump at it if I see one and take advantage of the low APR rates now? 😏

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2018 CPO Boxster base MT with 7,000 miles. MSRP was $81k. I paid $55k. There are very few manual transmission cars available. Jump on the first one that is close to your spec and price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought a 2018 CPO Boxster base MT with 7,000 miles. MSRP was $81k. I paid $55k. There are very few manual transmission cars available. Jump on the first one that is close to your spec and price.
That's a great price for the low miles. Just curious, what options did you get? And what location did you get it from? Looks like the west coast right now has better inventory of CPOs

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just picked up a 2018 manual CPO 718 last month for $47k. Took advantage of the 1.95% financing and no payment for 90 days they are offering. It had 15k miles, chalk full leather, Carrera classic wheels, $71k original msrp. Def more pdk cars out there than manual. Price was right on mine and I loved the color combo with the full leather interior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats man!
I just picked up a 2018 manual CPO 718 last month for $47k. Took advantage of the 1.95% financing and no payment for 90 days they are offering. It had 15k miles, chalk full leather, Carrera classic wheels, $71k original msrp. Def more pdk cars out there than manual. Price was right on mine and I loved the color combo with the full leather interior.
Congrats man! Amazing looking car! Where do you guys search for cars? I'm constantly on the Porsche National used car search, cars.com or autotrader

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a great price for the low miles. Just curious, what options did you get? And what location did you get it from? Looks like the west coast right now has better inventory of CPOs
St. Petersburg, FL

Additional Equipment
085 Extended range fuel tank
433 20” Carrera S Wheels
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
480 6-speed Manual Transmission
489 Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
581 Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 Smoking package
858 GT Sport Steering Wheel
8V Roadster Top in Red
980 Preparation for Standard Interior with Leather Package
9VL Bose® Surround Sound System
CUC Model Designation Painted
EKH Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber i.c.w. Standard Interior
IU2 Porsche Connect
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P7Z Sport Style Pedals and Footrest
P9D Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
PM Standard Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red with Leather Package i.c.w. Sport Seats
QR5 Sport Chrono Package
U2 GT Silver Metallic
XAY Rear Wing in High Gloss Black
XDG Wheels Painted in High Gloss Black
XEW Bi-Xenon Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System
XFJ Instrument dials in White
XGM Sport Chrono Stopwatch Dial in White
XLX Sport Exhaust System with Sport Tailpipes in Black
XSC Porsche Crest on headrests

·
Registered
2018 Cayman CS, Black on Black, Manual
18 Posts
-CPO 2018 Cayman with 12k that's going for $49k with Sport Chronos, Sport Exhaust, Alcantara Wheel, 20' Carrera Wheels - Manual transmission
That looks like a great deal to me - what color?

I just picked up a 2018 manual black 718 CS with 14k miles for 55k - MSRP of 76k. Came with 20" Carrera wheels and the 14 way power sport seats. had actually watched the price on this car drop by 5k in the past 2 months and with the 1.95% financing + a really good offer on my S4 I couldn't say no.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I think covid has had a two fold affect that has the seller and buyer in awkward positions...

• available inventory has dried up with no new units coming in. I’m not sure what the status is (haven’t looked into this to verify) or when new inventory will start to flow again. Add MT and it amplifies this affect. Sellers know they have the last of the inventory and are willing to bet you’ll pony up for it.
  • people are on edge, out of work or not willing to spend money or give away their prized possession. A few cars I’m sure had fire sales, but the average joe just isn’t in the market for a 60k toy. You’d think because of covid the market would be willing to give a little, but it seems quite the opposite when it comes to pricing on these cars.
No right answer, but @ 60k, whats a few grand either way? Get the car you like and call it a good day!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like a great deal to me - what color?

I just picked up a 2018 manual black 718 CS with 14k miles for 55k - MSRP of 76k. Came with 20" Carrera wheels and the 14 way power sport seats. had actually watched the price on this car drop by 5k in the past 2 months and with the 1.95% financing + a really good offer on my S4 I couldn't say no.
Congrats on the deal! The 49k base Cayman is white. Any reason why you went with an S over a base? is there a noticeable power difference?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is another interesting one
2017 CPO Boxster - $55k (Out the door with tax and shipping) - 14k miles - GT Silver Metallic,PTV, PASM,Sport Chrono,Sport Exhaust, Lane Assist, 20’ inch carrera sport wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman CS, Black on Black, Manual
18 Posts
Congrats on the deal! The 49k base Cayman is white. Any reason why you went with an S over a base? is there a noticeable power difference?
To be honest, if I could have saved 5-10k and got the base model over the S I would have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be honest, if I could have saved 5-10k and got the base model over the S I would have.
Thanks for the feedback man! To me it’s not all about going fast, it’s about enjoying the car and the handling at daily commute speeds which is 90% of my driving...Hence why I sold my Tesla Model 3 Performance (call me crazy)..paying too much for a couple of 0-60s launches and autopilot..I actually enjoy driving the car without autopilot, but it’s a pretty soulless car.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Agree. Question now is should I wait until there is bigger pool of CPO cars available? Or jump at it if I see one and take advantage of the low APR rates now? 😏
Are you getting any younger? :D If you find the right spec for you in a CPO, jump on it! A couple of thousand won't matter in the long run (assuming you'll be buying for the long run).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, I heard that Alcantara wheel is not a great idea, it will wear out fairly quick, is that true?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats man!

Congrats man! Amazing looking car! Where do you guys search for cars? I'm constantly on the Porsche National used car search, cars.com or autotrader
I mainly used cars.com for my search and set the parameters to within a few hundred miles of me. Being in south Florida there is a decent amount of inventory to chose from. This one was about 1.5 hours away from me so not around the corner but not terribly far.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im a dealer in CA and watch the market pretty close. I can tell you that in general, inventory is VERY low right now and dealers are scrambling to find vehicles to sell. In this environment, dealers will not move much on prices, unless there is no demand, lots of inventory, or a unit that does not have a great deal of demand.

Cheap cars are not selling... But my experience is specialty vehicles that in demand in the $30+K range are not having an issue selling. The stock market is hot right now, people with jobs and money are spending it as there was a pent up demand from Covid locking people down. You may find a great deal, but it would be a mistake to think the market is crashing and you are going to steal something.

I bought my 2017 Cayman S retail after looking for one wholesale for a couple months if that tells you anything.

BTW, we have a 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance as well. Freaking amazing car, but I drive the the Cayman S almost all the time if both cars are available.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts