Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Absolutely! Now the conundrum is finding a base model with nice specs like a 2018 with 20" Carrera wheels, sport package and low miles under 50k...I also found an S 2017 with ~16k miles for 62k with all the specs Im looking for (PASM, Sport Exhaust, PTV) and I think it is a good deal but +10k? Worth it?
I think an S is worth the extra cost over a Base, but to be fair, owners are pretty evenly split on that in general. Most Base owners will say what they have is "plenty," while most S owners will say the upgrade is "a must!" That said, $62K sounds quite high for a 2017 S, though it's impossible to say without knowing the car's condition, a complete list of options, whether it's a private sale or from a dealer, whether it's CPO, and a bit about the local market.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Alrighty, I’m closing a deal for a base CPO 6MT Cayman 2018 with 5k miles Agate Grey, 20’ Carrera, Sport Chronos, PASM for $48k..Anything I should be aware on extras that Porsche might try to up sale me..like ceramic coat, PPF, rim insuranc, etc etc...? Any of those things worth it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get all of those options done at a reputable local shop. Typically the dealership will farm it out to them anyway and charge you extra for the service.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Alrighty, I’m closing a deal for a base CPO 6MT Cayman 2018 with 5k miles Agate Grey, 20’ Carrera, Sport Chronos, PASM for $48k..Anything I should be aware on extras that Porsche might try to up sale me..like ceramic coat, PPF, rim insuranc, etc etc...? Any of those things worth it?
You are getting pretty close to what I own and I think you will love it. I thought the wheel insurance was way too expensive (and I had 18" wheels) but after you rub your rims one or twice and it drives you nuts, I like the insurance better now. I also had the ceramic coat done by my detailer (not the dealer) right off the bat and it makes washing a breeze and does protect the paint more than you might think. Many, if not most, here seem to prefer the PPF.

Reactions: cmirandabu

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you do your search? I'm checking out cars.com, autotrader, etc., and haven't found a deal or car with the options I want. Seems like a good deal to me! Congrats!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Thanks man! Here is what worked for me.
Sign up for Autotrader, Cars.com, Carguru, TrueCar and setup an alert for your specific query. Sometimes the alerts are not very accurate so you might need to still check on a daily basis. Usually early morning and later at night is when you see the updates trickling into the websites. Also, Autotempest is another great site that searches in all those sites, very reliable. Finally, I checked the Porsche National Inventory Search (Porsche Finder). Dealers update that pretty frequently. If you find an interesting listing but it doesn't have all the information or pictures of the car because it's a brand new listing I recommend taking the VIN from the listing and searching in VIN Analytics. This site will give you all the details of the car including the spec sheet.

Happy hunting!
Hopefully this helps, if I find another deal I'll let you guys know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sign up for Autotrader, Cars.com, Carguru, TrueCar and setup an alert for your specific query. Sometimes the alerts are not very accurate so you might need to still check on a daily basis. Usually early morning and later at night is when you see the updates trickling into the websites. Also, Autotempest is another great site that searches in all those sites, very reliable. Finally, I checked the Porsche National Inventory Search (Porsche Finder). Dealers update that pretty frequently. If you find an interesting listing but it doesn't have all the information or pictures of the car because it's a brand new listing I recommend taking the VIN from the listing and searching in VIN Analytics. This site will give you all the details of the car including the spec sheet.

Happy hunting!
I might actually build a bot for this :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts

Happy hunting!
Thank you thank you thank you! I enjoy my m240i, but nothing is guaranteed in life, so I would love to join the club soon and drive a car that was built from the ground up as a sports car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thank you thank you thank you! I enjoy my m240i, but nothing is guaranteed in life, so I would love to join the club soon and drive a car that was built from the ground up as a sports car!
Agree! Plus life is too short to drive boring cars (even though the m240 is not a boring car). If you have the money might as well enjoy it and get a proper sports car! :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you do your search? I'm checking out cars.com, autotrader, etc., and haven't found a deal or car with the options I want. Seems like a good deal to me! Congrats!
Oh.. I've got a beautiful 2019 base gt silver with Bordeaux red , black and aluminum interior, power sport seats, heated seats, 6MT with 3500 miles, pasm, sport exhaust and tips, sport package. 19" s rims, alcantarat gt steering wheel, alcantera shifter, and it's a CPO, was an executive car and im first owner..

Clear bra in front, on roof and on the gt4 scoops I put on color matched..

It's like brand new a cream puff with first service already done for me!

Absolutely love it, but been thinking of letting her go as I work too **** much over seas..... but I wouldn't let her go for less than 61.. Friggin always a joy to drive. Posh sport planted feel and it moves out because it's so small and light..

I've had some seriously fast cars and I really like the power felt in the base 718 with all that great smelling german leather wrapped around me , its well worth the $.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for Alcantara steering wheels.. I believe it's about the handling of the wheel.

For instance I'm usually holding the aluminum spacer center section unless in turns or shifting through gears. Also not white knuckling it with dirty oily hands helps a lot...

;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I made the leap back to internal combustion engine. I really missed the raw visceral feel of rowing through the gears. Sold the Tesla in a record 24 hrs and got this CPO 2018 Cayman with 5k miles for a great price. Going to miss the instant torque and the comfort of the Tesla. Ill be back to Tesla once it's time for my wife to change her car. In the mean time, I'll enjoy this puppy!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts