Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
on order
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm agonizing over the color combo and few options on the Cayman I've put a DP on and one of the combinations i keep going back to is Dolomite silver and the Graphite blue interior - i can't find any decent pictures of this leather interior color online so i assume it is either not popular or just plain rare?

I'm thinking that this would be a very subtle combination that should also be fairly rare.

Alex
 
  • Like
Reactions: r2thek

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29 Posts
I was thinking of the Graphite Blue interior but quite a few of the Porsche finder pictures give it a turquoise/green tint, it's putting me off ordering it as I don't trust the configurator representation.
 

·
Registered
2022 BGTS on order
Joined
·
2 Posts
Here is a white one that was at my local dealership. I didn’t see any green in it at all. Very nice looking color. Especially with the chalk stitching
32223
E
32221

32222

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle White
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
I was thinking of the Graphite Blue interior but quite a few of the Porsche finder pictures give it a turquoise/green tint, it's putting me off ordering it as I don't trust the configurator representation.
IMHO Graphite Blue is gorgeous in person and I failed to notice any green or turquoise tint. Then again my eyes join Medicare in a couple months, so they could be defective. Your local Porsche dealer may have a vehicle in stock with Graphite Blue for an up close visual. Regardless, they should have a GB sample you can take outside, so you can confirm whether it will work for your interior...I did this.

@newusername I think that is a beautiful and fairly rare color combination, although it could be similar to ours. We are definitely selecting the Graphite Blue interior once our GTS allocation materializes. The exterior color choice will be either Gentian Blue (currently 50% odds) with Racing Yellow deviated stitching, Dolomite Silver (35% odds) with Chalk or GT Silver deviated stitching, or GT Silver (15% odds) with GT Silver deviated stitching. Unfortunately, we don't have to make a decision right now.

Regardless of color selection, you'll have one amazing sports car to enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Echo the above, I didn’t see any turquoise tint. I found a few other pics. These were the dealer samples against the aluminium and cf trims
32260
32261
 

·
Registered
on order
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer which is in the next province over (why I can’t go there right now due to their lockdown) is sending me leather and paint samples early next week so I’ll be able to see the options in person in the sun. I think I’m going to like the Graphite blue interior.
I will say that I rather like that aventurine green with graphite combo from above, strangely it works quite well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Here it is in my BGTS 4.0, with extended contrast stitching, aluminum trim, and white gauges. The combination works beautifully with the Chalk exterior. Graphite comes across as a deep, rich navy blue with a hint of gray. No green or turquoise at all. I have been very happy with it, and it gets a lot of compliments.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Wheel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
@Sraj
Almost the same as my choice (on order). Definitely made the right decision. The contrast stitching looks great as do the white dials. Only difference to mine is I’ve also gone crayon seats centres
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
You have excellent taste :giggle:! I seriously considered the Chalk seat centers as well. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Here it is in my BGTS 4.0, with extended contrast stitching, aluminum trim, and white gauges. The combination works beautifully with the Chalk exterior. Graphite comes across as a deep, rich navy blue with a hint of gray. No green or turquoise at all. I have been very happy with it, and it gets a lot of compliments.
Absolutely love your interior configuration...pure class...well done!

Considering same (with Chalk seat centers like @djs1903) with Gentian Blue exterior. Too much blue? Perhaps. Mongo like Blue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
@Sraj
Almost the same as my choice (on order). Definitely made the right decision. The contrast stitching looks great as do the white dials. Only difference to mine is I’ve also gone crayon seats centres
Absolutely love your interior configuration...pure class...well done!

Considering same (with Chalk seat centers like @djs1903) with Gentian Blue exterior. Too much blue? Perhaps. Mongo like Blue!
Hi
yours sounds like the build I’m considering
chalk exterior and either chalk interior or blue interior with chalk centers.
have you found any pics of the blue interior w chalk centers in the gts boxter with navy top.
thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Scroll up, there are quite a few pics with that combo.

Graphite Blue works perfectly with Crayon paint IMHO and you would not be disappointed. It's a pity they don't offer it as they do the Black/Crayon interior split. It is what it is :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Scroll up, there are quite a few pics with that combo.

Graphite Blue works perfectly with Crayon paint IMHO and you would not be disappointed. It's a pity they don't offer it as they do the Black/Crayon interior split. It is what it is :)
I agree that Chalk exterior looks amazing with Graphite leather. I chose full graphite and couldn’t be happier. The Graphite leather is so beautiful and rich, and also so rare, that I wanted to have as much of it as I could!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I'm agonizing over the color combo and few options on the Cayman I've put a DP on and one of the combinations i keep going back to is Dolomite silver and the Graphite blue interior - i can't find any decent pictures of this leather interior color online so i assume it is either not popular or just plain rare?

I'm thinking that this would be a very subtle combination that should also be fairly rare.

Alex
Pictures?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
IMHO Graphite Blue is gorgeous in person and I failed to notice any green or turquoise tint. Then again my eyes join Medicare in a couple months, so they could be defective. Your local Porsche dealer may have a vehicle in stock with Graphite Blue for an up close visual. Regardless, they should have a GB sample you can take outside, so you can confirm whether it will work for your interior...I did this.

@newusername I think that is a beautiful and fairly rare color combination, although it could be similar to ours. We are definitely selecting the Graphite Blue interior once our GTS allocation materializes. The exterior color choice will be either Gentian Blue (currently 50% odds) with Racing Yellow deviated stitching, Dolomite Silver (35% odds) with Chalk or GT Silver deviated stitching, or GT Silver (15% odds) with GT Silver deviated stitching. Unfortunately, we don't have to make a decision right now.

Regardless of color selection, you'll have one amazing sports car to enjoy!
What color roof on your Boxster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
What color roof on your Boxster?
It will be Blue over a Gentian Blue exterior. I've seen this combo in person and it totally works.

The top on our departed Sapphire Blue Metallic BS was Black, which worked well with the all black leather interior. Had I ordered the car, it would have been a Blue top, although I'm not sure that would work and play well with SBM. Obviously, I like Blue.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top