Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that you can build a GTS 4.0 on the configurator, is anyone on the forum considering buying one? If you're interested to weigh in, I'm curious why or why not.

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
40 Posts
I considered one. However, found a stellar deal on my 19 GTS which was barely broken in and basically loaded except ceramics and burmeister. I also wanted pdk but wasn’t willing to wait. I think the 2.5 has more potential if you like to mod like me. A tune on the 2.5 will leave the 4.0 no matter what’s really done to it.

Food for thought
718 GT4 ring time is 7:28 on 245f/295r Cup 2’s

718 GTS ring time is 7:40 on 235f/265r pilot 4s’s...

what happens if you put equal tires on the the GTS? I think it’d be a complete drivers race honestly. Gt4 pretty maxed out, even more room to grow with GTS.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I really like the 4.0 Spyder. It doesn't make any objective sense. That probably just means that it will appreciate in 20 years. They're just beautiful, and must be a ball to drive on a beautiful day in the wild. If your too old for motorcycles??? I have a 718CGTS with a Softronics tune and DSC box on the PASM. It's a lovely car, just stealth enough in GT Silver. ...but when I see the Spyders, I do get a little car lust. Not many cars do that for me anymore...that are under $200K.

They are not for every day. The top can be mastered with an hour of concentrated effort...or repeated practice. If the sky looks dark and scary, just get out and put the top up. To not buy one because of laziness is just pathetic. I read these posts from people who are put off by a top that takes a couple minutes to put up. The 718 version of the Spyder top is a little easier to deal with and less of a sacrifice in comfort.

I wouldn't want to drive one to work and have to fool with the top every morning...or leave it in the sun all day every day. I think, when that thing wears out, it'll be tough finding a new top for it. UV is really tough on tops and interiors...and paint as far as that goes.

Reactions: Third

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
40 Posts
I really like the 4.0 Spyder. It doesn't make any objective sense. That probably just means that it will appreciate in 20 years. They're just beautiful, and must be a ball to drive on a beautiful day in the wild. If your too old for motorcycles??? I have a 718CGTS with a Softronics tune and DSC box on the PASM. It's a lovely car, just stealth enough in GT Silver. ...but when I see the Spyders, I do get a little car lust. Not many cars do that for me anymore...that are under $200K.

They are not for every day. The top can be mastered with an hour of concentrated effort...or repeated practice. If the sky looks dark and scary, just get out and put the top up. To not buy one because of laziness is just pathetic. I read these posts from people who are put off by a top that takes a couple minutes to put up. The 718 version of the Spyder top is a little easier to deal with and less of a sacrifice in comfort.

I wouldn't want to drive one to work and have to fool with the top every morning...or leave it in the sun all day every day. I think, when that thing wears out, it'll be tough finding a new top for it. UV is really tough on tops and interiors...and paint as far as that goes.
not to derail this thread, shoot me your opinion on the DSC box. Looking to put it on my GTS as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had confirmation early last year that the GTS 4.0 was on the horizon and shifted my plans for an S to the GTS 4.0 (I didn't feel the GTS 2.5T differentiated itself enough from the S to justify the price jump) and would have ordered one by now if the opportunity to buy a 2019 911 Carrera T hadn't presented itself.

Next week marks the one year anniversary of my Carrera T ownership and I don't regret my decision one bit. Although like @Yuro, I have an irrational lust for a Spyder, which is probably the only current Porsche that would make me think twice (the other being a 991 GT3 Touring, which is no longer current).

If I didn't own the Carrera T though the GTS 4.0 would be a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I will likely make a change at some point.
There are opportunities here with some cancellations on GT4 orders.
Playing the game with local dealers over the next few months...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will likely make a change at some point.
There are opportunities here with some cancellations on GT4 orders.
Playing the game with local dealers over the next few months...
Interesting. GT4 cancellations in favor of GTS 4.0, or due to COVID?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will likely move to a GT4 next. I track enough that I'm now considering suspension mods and bucket seats, so I think if I don't go down the mod route I'll go GT4 instead.

·
Registered
803 Posts
This is my recent car lust after playing with the configurator and visiting a local dealer to start discussions. It's a MT S with quite a few exterior options. I love the drop top of the GTS, so I would consider keeping both.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This is my recent car lust after playing with the configurator and visiting a local dealer to start discussions. It's a MT S with quite a few exterior options. I love the drop top of the GTS, so I would consider keeping both.

View attachment 27209
Also love the colour scheme; although if it were me i'd lose the centre stripe and aero kit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Over last weekend I ordered a 2021 Cayman GTS 4.0 with PDK. It's an October build with delivery scheduled for Dec 4, 2020.
Oh wow, not just thinking about it! Well done. Will it replace a Cayman you have now?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL well the aero kit and the graphics is what makes it for me :) I also have everything painted body color that can be painted including the rear vent slats.
I'm with you (GTS...) on this! The aero kit, the graphics, and everything painted body color. In fact the latter is a drawback to the GTS 4.0. They don't seem to offer the intakes and front and rear facia in body color. A big minus for me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts