Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People say it is bad to wear blue-jean in such cars. I know of no one who owns them so that might be ok.

Anything else know anything about owning a white leather interior?

I am very good at detailing things.

I think it would kind of sick in a Cayman with Frozen Berry exterior. Long shot choice for next week, but if a chalk interior could work, could be maintained as a daily driver who is super tidy like me, i would consider then Frozen Berry.

Be the first 718 Frozen Berry person out there. Might go boxter with that combo and black roof. Rolling the dice on life, right?

I thank you all so much for giving so many ideas and answers to everything for the past two weeks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had my black/chalk interior for more than two years and it still shows like new! Just a quick wipe with leather cleaner every few weeks does it for cleaning. Remember, Porsche uses a coated leather that resists staining and cleans easily.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow. Two years is a good long test. That is nice to know :) that gives me more options for certain!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes, lots of hot days here in SoCal and the chalk seats are wonderful. Never as hot as black seats! I use 303 Protectant on all of the black leather bits (dash, door tope etc.) to protect them.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, lots of hot days here in SoCal and the chalk seats are wonderful. Never as hot as black seats! I use 303 Protectant on all of the black leather bits (dash, door tope etc.) to protect them.
303 is a good default choice when something has to be protected. I recommend cleaning before applying as it traps dirt and stains. I use Griot's interior cleaner as a first step. I get the gallon container thing of them, works great so far... but this is a totally new car for me. Not certain.

The real question is: What is the leather actually that is used in our cars? And what is the leather that is "natural leather" for espresso choice? Is that just fancier leather? or is the standard Full Leather choices of black and chalk, blue, all of that somewhat synthetic? I used to be really good at caring for leather, but i have not dealt with a Porsche ever.

I know most leather care companies say that nothing is "real" in a car, but coated and you are treating that coat. I do not know if there are any pores in the Porsche leather. Does the Espresso have pores, unsealed just dyed?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The standard leather interior does absorb water drops or conditioners like Lexol (as opposed to letting it sit on top until it dries), so the sealant or topcoat cannot be completely impervious. That said, there are many different types of leather used for upholstery and luggage and you just have to have confidence that your Porsche upholstery is higher quality than a cheap bonded leather couch.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was hearing that my old 303 white sticky spray that I like to spray everyone while inside my current vehicles (pun ambiguous), is very good for dashboard leather. It is supposedly moisture removed vs seats.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman T 6MT
68 Posts
I've had my black/chalk interior for more than two years and it still shows like new! Just a quick wipe with leather cleaner every few weeks does it for cleaning. Remember, Porsche uses a coated leather that resists staining and cleans easily. View attachment 34512
View attachment 34511
That first pic looks like it’s from a magazine. So nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts