Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their website shows 5 years of wheel and tire coverage including cosmetic repairs for $1800. I'm OK with the price but can't find much about them.

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
No, but I’d stay away. Only been around since 2017. No customer reviews since 2019. Most reviews seem fake. Website is amateurish, including at least one bad link for the FAQs. All red flags to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Their website shows 5 years of wheel and tire coverage including cosmetic repairs for $1800. I'm OK with the price but can't find much about them.

Thanks
It depends on the wheel type. I did not purchase for my Cayman, but got it for the wife's Macan. 21" matching paint wheels are $$$. Her past track record with curbs is not good. :oops:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It depends on the wheel type. I did not purchase for my Cayman, but got it for the wife's Macan. 21" matching paint wheels are $$$. Her past track record with curbs is not good. :oops:
Asking about the company. P price is too good to be true, which means without some positive reviews from folks here I ain't gonna be the test case....

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I unfortunately did purchase this insurance. Negotiated it to $1200 if I remember correctly. Now I have two sets of wheels - the original wheels used for my Winter set and wheels purchased from a member here that are my Summer set. I guess I'm only covered when the Winter set is fitted to the vehicle? Maybe I should read the contract lol

On a related note somewhat pertinent to the discussion, my neighbor, a surgeon at a nearby hospital, recently purchased an AMG 63S. A few weeks back he joined me and a couple other guys for dinner out. After dinner we headed back to my house for some drinks and a few games of pool. He took one of the guys back with him and to give him a ride in his new rig. He decided to show him the capabilities of the car. Well he hit a deep cut pothole at speed. Didn't think anything of it after getting to my house. Just came in as if nothing happened. Never looked at it to see if there was any damage. Actually none of us knew anything happened. My other friend never mentioned it either. The next day I was doing some gardening chores in the front and he stopped to chat. Turning back to his car he screeched in horror as he viewed the wheel/tire that hit that pothole. The wheel was flat on one side and the tire had a bubble the size of a softball. He didn't have wheel insurance. I haven't had the opportunity to speak with him since, but that wheel and tire were toast and looked unrepairable. It's a sure bet replacement cost him over 3k. Is there a moral to this story? Yeah. Don't act like an idiot driving on back roads at speed at night. Oh and maybe wheel insurance is a good idea if you do.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I unfortunately did purchase this insurance. Negotiated it to $1200 if I remember correctly.
Why do you say "unfortunately"? Your comment seems to confirm you made the right decision. Also, how many years' coverage did you get for that price?

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Why do you say "unfortunately"? Your comment seems to confirm you made the right decision. Also, how many years' coverage did you get for that price?
I'll have to look at the contract for duration, though 3 years seems to be what I recall. I'll check who the policy is with. It's probably a good bet that individual dealers have their own arrangements and with different companies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Read the fine print. Most wheel and tire insurance only provide the protection for one occurrence. Meaning that you can only fix the wheels up to four times (on wheel four times, once for each wheel, etc) I felt like i was cheated when I wanna fix my wheels.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I got the Porsche W/T coverage. 8 years for just over $2000, $250/yr. It covers structural rim and tire damage with no deductible. It limits cosmetic repairs to only 4 occurences.

I'll make money back if I blow up a single rim.

Did I get a particularly good deal, or is this something that I should put into its own thread? Because I searched a lot and never was steered towards the coverage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I unfortunately did purchase this insurance. Negotiated it to $1200 if I remember correctly. Now I have two sets of wheels - the original wheels used for my Winter set and wheels purchased from a member here that are my Summer set. I guess I'm only covered when the Winter set is fitted to the vehicle? Maybe I should read the contract lol

On a related note somewhat pertinent to the discussion, my neighbor, a surgeon at a nearby hospital, recently purchased an AMG 63S. A few weeks back he joined me and a couple other guys for dinner out. After dinner we headed back to my house for some drinks and a few games of pool. He took one of the guys back with him and to give him a ride in his new rig. He decided to show him the capabilities of the car. Well he hit a deep cut pothole at speed. Didn't think anything of it after getting to my house. Just came in as if nothing happened. Never looked at it to see if there was any damage. Actually none of us knew anything happened. My other friend never mentioned it either. The next day I was doing some gardening chores in the front and he stopped to chat. Turning back to his car he screeched in horror as he viewed the wheel/tire that hit that pothole. The wheel was flat on one side and the tire had a bubble the size of a softball. He didn't have wheel insurance. I haven't had the opportunity to speak with him since, but that wheel and tire were toast and looked unrepairable. It's a sure bet replacement cost him over 3k. Is there a moral to this story? Yeah. Don't act like an idiot driving on back roads at speed at night. Oh and maybe wheel insurance is a good idea if you do.
Thanks for the heads up. Not the type of surgeon I'd hire. Your friend sounds aloof and absent minded.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Not the type of surgeon I'd hire. Your friend sounds aloof and absent minded.
Well he's a relatively new neighbor. A young hotshot surgeon. And yes, he can be a bit aloof. First time I met him was again when I was doing some gardening in the front yard. A black Beemer suv with black tint windows cruised by. Stopped and reversed. The window came down and a guy, ball cap on backwards, asks me if I'm the owner. My house draws some attention because of the unusual mid-century modern design. He introduces himself and tells me he lives down the street and is a surgeon at the nearby hospital. It so happens he performed the hernia surgery on a friend of mine. He proceeds to tell my friend prior to surgery he'd like to be invited to one of my parties. I have quite a few during the year and there's always lots of cars in the driveway. Eh, so I invited him to my Octoberfest party lol He's a nice enough guy, but young and ambitious and a wanting to exhibit his success. I think he saw my cars and those of my guests and a few weeks later ordered that 63S. I try to get along with everyone and live and let live. People always reveal themselves and I just deal with them accordingly. I'm never shocked if I pay attention.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll have to look at the contract for duration, though 3 years seems to be what I recall. I'll check who the policy is with. It's probably a good bet that individual dealers have their own arrangements and with different companies.
How long is the contact?

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
How long is the contact?
I haven't looked for it yet. I boxed up some files in my office and stored them away. I must have the file on the Boxster in one of those boxes. I should actually keep that in my credenza for quick reference. I'll dig it out. We're expecting a snow storm over the next few day so that will be a good project lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well he's a relatively new neighbor. A young hotshot surgeon. And yes, he can be a bit aloof. First time I met him was again when I was doing some gardening in the front yard. A black Beemer suv with black tint windows cruised by. Stopped and reversed. The window came down and a guy, ball cap on backwards, asks me if I'm the owner. My house draws some attention because of the unusual mid-century modern design. He introduces himself and tells me he lives down the street and is a surgeon at the nearby hospital. It so happens he performed the hernia surgery on a friend of mine. He proceeds to tell my friend prior to surgery he'd like to be invited to one of my parties. I have quite a few during the year and there's always lots of cars in the driveway. Eh, so I invited him to my Octoberfest party lol He's a nice enough guy, but young and ambitious and a wanting to exhibit his success. I think he saw my cars and those of my guests and a few weeks later ordered that 63S. I try to get along with everyone and live and let live. People always reveal themselves and I just deal with them accordingly. I'm never shocked if I pay attention.
He reminds me of the aloof, hot-shot surgeon, Alec Baldwin played in the movie "Malice". Very much in love with himself...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts