Porsche 718 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
These dealerships are getting ridiculous. They should have honored the price if a deposit was down. I'm pissed off at Porsche North Scottsdale for playing games. I bought my 718 in November. They didn't charge me an ADM but they were asses with the sale. I argued with them for a few hours on it because they wouldn't move on the price at all and initially offered me about 1/3 of what the 987.2 that I was trading in was worth. They were being super greedy. My brother is the GM of one of the largest Chevy dealerships and was on the phone with me and the SA and GM giving them comps and they kept blowing smoke. This is with a dealership that I know everyone, including my usual mechanic, well and have done all of my services and repairs at since 2009. So they're willing to risk long term sales for this nonsense.

They gotten even worse since then too. I really think I'm going to try a different dealership now. Two weeks ago I stopped by to talk to my service manager. While there I noticed that they had a used 2022 911 GT3 on the floor. My brother has had one on order so I looked into it for him. They put a $100k premium on it. You read that right $100,000.00. I confirmed it with my SM. I was flabbergasted. I had heard about $10k or $15k on some cars but not $100k. They're just being greedy beyond words.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the Houston area - and just put my name on the waiting list with one of the dealers in the area for GTS 4.0 - Does getting a signed Purchase Order (where it line-items the price / fees / tax / total price , etc) count as an agreement for MSRP? or can they still decided to charge me ADM if / when i get an allocation / delivered in the future?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm in Houston too and Porsche North Houston will not sell NEW over MSRP whereas Porsche River Oaks and West Houston absolutely will. This is the language in the contract they had me sign when the allocation was given to me stating the price will not exceed MSRP.

Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot Number

I'm in the Houston area - and just put my name on the waiting list with one of the dealers in the area for GTS 4.0 - Does getting a signed Purchase Order (where it line-items the price / fees / tax / total price , etc) count as an agreement for MSRP? or can they still decided to charge me ADM if / when i get an allocation / delivered in the future?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in Houston too and Porsche North Houston will not sell NEW over MSRP whereas Porsche River Oaks and West Houston absolutely will. This is the language in the contract they had me sign when the allocation was given to me stating the price will not exceed MSRP.

View attachment 39769

Interesting...For me, it's Porsche North Houston that told me they will do "market price". River Oak immediately said they will do MSRP and gave me a signed purchase order for MSRP. Of course I won't know for sure until I get an allocation and actually get the car...

·
Registered
242 Posts
PNH doesn't do market price on new cars. They are a Porsche Premier dealer and are contractually required to sell at MSRP by Porsche for that recognition. PNH also will not take a dime from you until they have an allocation in your name. Worth noting that a purchase order is not sufficient to say they cant' add ADM when the car comes in. Did River Oaks make you put down a deposit?

Interesting...For me, it's Porsche North Houston that told me they will do "market price". River Oak immediately said they will do MSRP and gave me a signed purchase order for MSRP. Of course I won't know for sure until I get an allocation and actually get the car...

·
Registered
28 Posts
PNH doesn't do market price on new cars. They are a Porsche Premier dealer and are contractually required to sell at MSRP by Porsche for that recognition. PNH also will not take a dime from you until they have an allocation in your name. Worth noting that a purchase order is not sufficient to say they cant' add ADM when the car comes in. Did River Oaks make you put down a deposit?
ha then whomever I was talking to was not giving me the right answer there. I'll reach back out and ask.

Edit: Just got connected to PNH again, and now they are telling me they will do MSRP, but require 5K deposit for simple builds vs 10k deposit for exclusive builds. They also "prioritize"customers that bought cars with them before... not sure if that means if I haven't had business with them before, they'll keep bumping me down the list for allocation... which will be useless..

Yes - River Oaks took a 2.5k deposit with the purchase / buyer's order. But I suppose according to what you're saying, they can still later move to charge ADM when I get an allocation?

Good info! thank you sir

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's correct. A $5k deposit at the time the allocation is given, not at the time you get on the list. All dealers prioritize how they want. I had never bought a car from PNH and managed to get one but there is no numeric list at any of these dealers. They give allocations at their discretion, just as all dealers do.

River Oaks took your money with no indication that you'll ever get an allocation. Are you comfortable with them holding that money for a year or more with no guarantee? And yeah, they can still tack on a market adjustment when you go to take delivery. There's no language in the buyer's order that says they have to sell you the car for that much. I'm not saying that they will but there's no protection for you as well should they decide to.

ha then whomever I was talking to was not giving me the right answer there. I'll reach back out and ask.

Edit: Just got connected to PNH again, and now they are telling me they will do MSRP, but require 5K deposit for simple builds vs 10k deposit for exclusive builds. They also "prioritize"customers that bought cars with them before... not sure if that means if I haven't had business with them before, they'll keep bumping me down the list for allocation... which will be useless..

Yes - River Oaks took a 2.5k deposit with the purchase / buyer's order. But I suppose according to what you're saying, they can still later move to charge ADM when I get an allocation?

Good info! thank you sir

·
Registered
2021 BGTS 4.0
92 Posts
Sorry if this was asked/answered but do you have a trade-in? if so, the 15k markup could be absorbed by the increase in used car value, happened with me anyway. I found a 2021 BGTS 4.0 at a dealer configured exactly like my config (minus body color) and they marked it up $15K, I negotiated to $10K (feels funny saying that), but my trade-in increased in value by $20K over the past 2 years, so I still feel like I got a good deal, not as good as I wanted / hoped but I'm happy and that's what matters. Not sure if this applies to you, good luck, you won't regret the 4.0.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry if this was asked/answered but do you have a trade-in? if so, the 15k markup could be absorbed by the increase in used car value, happened with me anyway. I found a 2021 BGTS 4.0 at a dealer configured exactly like my config (minus body color) and they marked it up $15K, I negotiated to $10K (feels funny saying that), but my trade-in increased in value by $20K over the past 2 years, so I still feel like I got a good deal, not as good as I wanted / hoped but I'm happy and that's what matters. Not sure if this applies to you, good luck, you won't regret the 4.0.
Yeah - I'll potentially have 2 trade-ins - just trying to weigh when the bubble will start to calm vs when I hopefully get an allocation. hopefully those can act as a bit of a buffer for potential ADM.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
968 Posts
I’m doing a lot better at my Rolex AD than my Porsche AD in terms of getting ahold of hot inventory at retail price. That said, my dealer told me I’m 6th in line but there’s no guarantee it’ll happen this year. Ok by me. I’m not paying above retail. Makes me feel like a chump. Hopefully I’ll get something in a year that matches mine or my wife’s watch. :) View attachment 38803
Which one is your wife? :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought I'd share even on this dormant thread - some "premier" dealers get away by selling the car at MSRP, but giving you less for trade in - and definitely give allocations to those that bring trade ins. For example, if your trade in value is $50k, they will say the car is worth 50k for trade in and only actually give you 40k. this is how they still technically sell you new car at MSRP but still get more money from you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My premier dealer matched the highest offer I had on my trade (a good one, too), and sold me my GTS 4.0 at MSRP.

I thought I'd share even on this dormant thread - some "premier" dealers get away by selling the car at MSRP, but giving you less for trade in - and definitely give allocations to those that bring trade ins. For example, if your trade in value is $50k, they will say the car is worth 50k for trade in and only actually give you 40k. this is how they still technically sell you new car at MSRP but still get more money from you.

Reactions: balucipher

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just had my local dealer spring a $15K ADM on me after 6 months on the waiting list for a CGTS allocation just as I apparently moved to #1 on their list. I understand the economics of it from the dealer's perspective - and it doesn't really seem like $15K in this market is even all that unusual - but the principle of it is really frustrating to me when they knew these conditions existed (and would continue) at the time I gave them the deposit, yet they claimed until now that they would do MSRP.

So I guess I'm going to start looking around for dealers that will play ball at or around MSRP - I have to imagine there are at least a handful in the US that aren't asking $15K over right now. Anyone have any suggestions of dealerships I could get in contact with? Thanks!
Go buy your car Canada. Significantly less expensive than USA even with exchange rate. Go on the Porsche canada website.

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,278 Posts
Go buy your car Canada. Significantly less expensive than USA even with exchange rate. Go on the Porsche canada website.
Sounds logical but there are issues, the first one being that availability is no better here, and I suspect that most dealers would rather sell to someone that may service the car at the dealership. Then there are the import hoops to jump though, and certainly GST and possibly the luxury tax. Eats up the savings pretty quickly.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts