Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running wheel spacers on their 718 Cayman or Boxster? I installed the factory 5mm on all four corners, looks fine but wondering about going to the 15mm on the rear.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’ll find the post and link it later. Someone posted on another forum 7mm front and 15mm rear. Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok, I am ignorant, please educate me. I didn’t fully understand what spacers were until seeing these before and after photos. Now I get it! That really cleans up the appearance. However, why didn’t porsche do this from the beginning? Are you trading off handling in some way to do this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, I am ignorant, please educate me. I didn’t fully understand what spacers were until seeing these before and after photos. Now I get it! That really cleans up the appearance. However, why didn’t porsche do this from the beginning? Are you trading off handling in some way to do this?
To a point, but when you alter the suspension geometry, it adversely affects the handling. You can youtube the Engineering Explained fella and wheel spacers for a more concise introspection on this phenomena.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Consider to go with 5mm spacers all around. Having a CGTS. My dealer however couldn‘t tell me if that will impact the warranty. Seems like Porsche do not officially support spacers for the 718 line despite the fact they have the spacers available for 911s and others. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Consider to go with 5mm spacers all around. Having a CGTS. My dealer however couldn‘t tell me if that will impact the warranty. Seems like Porsche do not officially support spacers for the 718 line despite the fact they have the spacers available for 911s and others. Any thoughts on this?
My dealer said the same and wouldn’t fit them for me, they are available for the 981 but not the 718 yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have 10mm front and back (on Carrera S wheels). Only did it for aesthetic reasons.
Which brand did you go with? Notice any difference in steering feel/handling?
How about this one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts