Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
504 Posts
Well it’s your build….but mine would be the 6 speed manual and PTS Acid Green. Or at least something a bit bolder than white. It’s a GT4, not meant to blend in with the monochromatic crowd. Note, however, I enjoyed my white 2014 Cayman S for 8.5 years and 47k miles and was still getting compliments on how nice it looked until the day I sold it.

Also the GT4 begs for LWB seats. i have them in my 2022 GTS 4.0 and am 65, so don’t discount them for urban legend criticisms without trying them out yourself. I had 18 ways in my 2014 and the were very good, but I prefer the LWB and they are very comfortable.

Practical option is self dimming mirrors….if you ever drive at night. The height of the Cayman/ GT4 puts your rear window right at the direct height of SUV headlights behind you.

I’d add sport chrono for looks alone. I’d also do model designation delete. The wing tells everybody who’s anybody what it is.

You asked so I answered. But it’s your car so cheers to whatever you decide.

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder
2,762 Posts
FWIW, my son and I were working on the build for our GT4RS just in case. He said for a GT4 or RS, we either have to go purple (more money!) or white. I kind of agree with him. I'm a fan of a white GT4. There is something special about that look IMO.

So I vote for keeping the white. I think it really works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The clutch pedal is missing. (Kidding)

I guess the only two things one might miss there are the leather interior (doesn't add much weight at all) and the Chrono pack.

But if you don't require either of those, then it doesn't matter and you've found yourself a very nice car!
Chrono Package QR5 is there,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it’s your build….but mine would be the 6 speed manual and PTS Acid Green. Or at least something a bit bolder than white. It’s a GT4, not meant to blend in with the monochromatic crowd. Note, however, I enjoyed my white 2014 Cayman S for 8.5 years and 47k miles and was still getting compliments on how nice it looked until the day I sold it.

Also the GT4 begs for LWB seats. i have them in my 2022 GTS 4.0 and am 65, so don’t discount them for urban legend criticisms without trying them out yourself. I had 18 ways in my 2014 and the were very good, but I prefer the LWB and they are very comfortable.

Practical option is self dimming mirrors….if you ever drive at night. The height of the Cayman/ GT4 puts your rear window right at the direct height of SUV headlights behind you.

I’d add sport chrono for looks alone. I’d also do model designation delete. The wing tells everybody who’s anybody what it is.

You asked so I answered. But it’s your car so cheers to whatever you decide.
Thank you !
Chrono package is there already, i agree for LWB

thank you!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My car has red calipers, but I'm of the view that why would you want the brake calipers visible at all? They just detract from the look of the car. It's like years ago people would put a chrome gas cap cover on their car. Wouldn't a car look cleaner with no gas cap cover at all?

The Ferrari guys often put a yellow caliper on a red car. Again, why do you want the caliper to stand out? It looks like a McDonalds car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If it's white you could always add the Martini decals to make it less boring. I had plans to build a track car like that at one point.
Or Brumos livery. Less common/advertisy but those who know, know.

Reactions: nova996

·
Registered
502 Posts
Why do you all like black caliper ?
Because red clashes with many other colors. Black goes with everything. On a white car, red calipers are fine if you have red elements inside like belts and stitching. But you are going for an essentially all black interior (silver stitching is nearly invisible if not actually sitting inside), red calipers would be the only red item on the car and the one thing that would visually stand out right away. Who wants brake calipers to be the first thing seen?

But I'm also in the camp that a GT4 should not be black or white unless there is intention of adding some form of livery graphics so my personal tastes are probably completely different from yours.

Reactions: PeC and Silversword

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
basic white, meh. Carrara white = ooo! Go a Silver+Carrara marble white theme, limit the blacking out of things, it can look quite smooth and pretty.

most people do white as black and white thing. Meh. I say do it as a white and silver thing as much as one can and choose the carrara marble white for a soft modern look.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts