Porsche 718 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 443 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I didn't think the GTS hit that high of boost. I knew the base did but the GTS I assumed was on par with the S in boost pressures, but with a larger turbo it could hold them longer. I don't doubt that I may be getting more boost, but the display on my 17 will (as far as I know) only reads up to 16psi.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think I'm going to go with 91 as well, just to be safe. I always fill up with 93 but I'd rather take it a bit easy at first especially since I'm going to be tracking it. Plus for road trips it's not always easy to find 93.

·
Registered
48 Posts
718 intercooler has an updated part number. They may have boost leaks in the older revision. I showed suncoast Porsche and they don’t know why either.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I never drive in sport+ and have only use the sports response button once.... Maybe I should see if it does go higher using them. Still can't find the article I read indicating the 17 S had a max "Read Out" of 16psi. Meaning not limited max pressure, just the display itself is maxed out because of programing. I can easily peg 16psi and it will hold it for quite a while before dropping off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I never drive in sport+ and have only use the sports response button once.... Maybe I should see if it does go higher using them. Still can't find the article I read indicating the 17 S had a max "Read Out" of 16psi. Meaning not limited max pressure, just the display itself is maxed out because of programing. I can easily peg 16psi and it will hold it for quite a while before dropping off.
yes. Do to programming maybe. Push the sports response button. Floor it. 😉

·
Registered
304 Posts
It’s a monster. The tune has a anti lug feature. At low rpms it will only build 10 psi boost. Downshift and you get 22psi. 😉 it’s a monster. All ya need is the 91 tune.
How high PSI does your display read? My APR tuned base maxes out at 20 in normal and sport. I called APR and they said they don’t touch the display and couldn’t tell me how much boost the tune puts out. Which I don’t believe- they have to know that, AFR, timing changes, etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Stock.
Quickly responding turbochargers typical for Porsche
The two versions of the new Porsche flat engine are not just distinguished by their displacement. In the two-liter engine, which operates with a maximum boost pressure of 20.3 psi (1.4 bar), a wastegate turbocharger pushes additional air into the combustion chambers. Just like the 718 Boxster S, the more powerful engine in the 718 Cayman S is equipped with a turbocharger featuring variable turbine geometry (VTG), similar to that of the 911 Turbo models. The maximum boost pressure of the 718 Cayman S is 14.5 psi (1.0 bar).
The VTG turbocharger in the 718 Cayman S uses an additional wastegate that allows the turbocharger with adjustable guide vanes to operate as efficiently as possible thanks to a targeted control of the exhaust gas stream. The GTS is 18.1 psi stock

·
Registered
215 Posts
Been waiting for the APR+ but just said screw it and made an appointment for next Tuesday for an ECU check/install for the manual CS. Might as well do it while it’s on sale!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Did a bit of digging on APR plus warranty.
Unfortunately they have a clause regarding track use and specifically notes DE track days.

I was hopefull that APR plus would be a solution regarding warranty coverage.
Unfortunately Porsche has the same sort of clause :(

:alien:

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Been waiting for the APR+ but just said screw it and made an appointment for next Tuesday for an ECU check/install for the manual CS. Might as well do it while it’s on sale!
Thought my warranty was about to expire and said screw it! Ends up I had my inservice date mix up with another car. Whatever, totally worth it and I could never go back now... it's too badazz to not have!

381 - 400 of 443 Posts