Porsche 718 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Anyone with a manual S/GTS? Any issues with clutch slippage?
Clutch can take 520+ Nm’s
Fvd Brombacher used a manual GTS in developing their tune. Also if a tune leads to a slipping clutch, the tuner can adjust the tune to give lower torque or you can upgrade the clutch. Things can break, or Wear down faster or were in a bad condition before the tune. Always be aware that this is the price to pay when you start to tune. A good tuner will check for problems before tuning.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Clutch can take 520+ Nm’s
Fvd Brombacher used a manual GTS in developing their tune. Also if a tune leads to a slipping clutch, the tuner can adjust the tune to give lower torque or you can upgrade the clutch. Things can break, or Wear down faster or were in a bad condition before the tune. Always be aware that this is the price to pay when you start to tune. A good tuner will check for problems before tuning.
Do you know of any suppliers making stronger clutches? Also how about aftermarket piston and rods?

·
Registered
215 Posts
That’s one mix up that worked out! I’m pretty excited about it!
That’s one mix up that worked out! I’m pretty excited about it!
So, I took the CS into a local performance shop Tuesday evening for the APR tune. Well once they checked out the ECU, APR determined it had to be sent to them to do the tune. I went ahead with it, hope they can build the tune quick! No word on progress as of Friday.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
So, I took the CS into a local performance shop Tuesday evening for the APR tune. Well once they checked out the ECU, APR determined it had to be sent to them to do the tune. I went ahead with it, hope they can build the tune quick! No word on progress as of Friday.
That's strange, did they give a reason why it needed to be pulled and sent in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2017 Base Cayman without SC and I'm seriously considering getting this tune. Biggest upgrades I have made are a BMC Filter with the full SOUL system (downpipe with sport cat and valved exhaust), and I LOVE the way my car sounds. Just yesterday when i was cruising around, I had two people stop and tell me how much they liked the way it sounded. Has anyone who has this tune noticed a change in the sound afterwards? Does it still have the same tone and "burbbles" in sport mode? I want the extra performance, but don't want it to diminish the sound I have come to love.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2017 Base Cayman without SC and I'm seriously considering getting this tune. Biggest upgrades I have made are a BMC Filter with the full SOUL system (downpipe with sport cat and valved exhaust), and I LOVE the way my car sounds. Just yesterday when i was cruising around, I had two people stop and tell me how much they liked the way it sounded. Has anyone who has this tune noticed a change in the sound afterwards? Does it still have the same tone and "burbbles" in sport mode? I want the extra performance, but don't want it to diminish the sound I have come to love.
Similar thoughts for my S cayman without SC. I was wondering if the tune is still worth it without SC... I was answered by APR that I "will not get the enhanced drivability of Sport + since I do not have Chrono on your vehicle but it will still greatly enhance the vehicle".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Similar thoughts for my S cayman without SC. I was wondering if the tune is still worth it without SC... I was answered by APR that I "will not get the enhanced drivability of Sport + since I do not have Chrono on your vehicle but it will still greatly enhance the vehicle".
YellowChicken - I'm wondering exactly the same thing, what does it do to normal and sport, and what am I missing out on by not having Sport+. I understand that in Sport+ it adds a feature that keeps the boost running off throttle to minimize lag, does it do the same thing in sport? Any reduction in lag from those who have a similar setup?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
YellowChicken - I'm wondering exactly the same thing, what does it do to normal and sport, and what am I missing out on by not having Sport+. I understand that in Sport+ it adds a feature that keeps the boost running off throttle to minimize lag, does it do the same thing in sport? Any reduction in lag from those who have a similar setup?
Stock the throttle respons in Sport is faster then the other modes but Sport+ has a pre boost most of the times.
It also holds boost of throttle.

With APR the respons in Sport is lowered a tad and in Sport plus the pre boost is a bit higher.
Of throttle boost in Sport+ is way higher with APR but it works in an certain way.
It does not comes in to action the moment you go of the gas, it takes as sec or two.
My guess is that it is timed to fit when your exiting a corner.

I can also "provoke" it to boost, brake, shift down and give it a little gas and the boost jumps up to 0,6bar (8,7psi)
Or just to be of throttle, give it a blip and it jumps up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have read several people state that they were very pleased with the APR tune on the Base 718 Cayman. If you look on their website, the HP is the same between those with and without Sport Chrono/Sport +. Lag is virtually non existent on a base once you are rolling and RPMs are above 3000 rpm. We have a 2007 911 Turbo, and there is way less lag in the base 718 Cayman.

401 - 420 of 443 Posts