Porsche 718 Forum banner

501 - 520 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
car is 2017 Boxster S PDK with APR 93 tune.
I plugged in a cheap obd2 scan tool and did some pulls MAP sensor ready 74" hg this comes out to about 21.5 PSI !! unfortunately my dash will only read up to 16 PSI but now I know for sure that I got a bunch of boost from the tune. I did before and after dyno runs but it was on a 95 deg day and the IAT was so high it was pulling back the power while on the dyno.
I have the same boost on APR st.1+, about 1,45 bar.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
This is my best result on the APR, I am sure that it can be better . Need good tires and Remap PDK for launch control correction.
Same times I'm getting with the same mods.

You may want to modify your first post.. you mentioned running a 10.7 when you meant 11.7? You'll cause a few heads explode around here with numbers like that. 🤣

·
Registered
412 Posts
This is my best result on the APR, I am sure that it can be better . Need good tires and Remap PDK for launch control correction.
With a DA of almost 4000, that’s not too bad. With better DA and tires, you should be able to do 11.4 - 11.5. Maybe even better.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If you have navi you can use Porsche track precision app to check wheel spin, boost etc etc. (see page 20 in this thread)
I have not tried to launch after i got the APR tune, i get wheel spin up to third gear on PS2 so it felt kind of useless to even try.
A PDK tune might fix it :)

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
75 Posts
Interesting thread and numbers guys. I’m also looking at adding apr tune to my pdk GTS. I ran a [email protected] Car is basically stock with a bmc filter. Stock Michelin ps4s.

car said it was 102 degrees in the staging lanes. However, according to weather underground, it was only 87 degrees so I used that for DA calculation

I also found that apr is gonna stop making tunes that support downpipes.

Here is my video of the run.

Reactions: don and johan

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting thread and numbers guys. I’m also looking at adding apr tune to my pdk GTS. I ran a [email protected] Car is basically stock with a bmc filter. Stock Michelin ps4s.

car said it was 102 degrees in the staging lanes. However, according to weather underground, it was only 87 degrees so I used that for DA calculation

I also found that apr is gonna stop making tunes that support downpipes.

View attachment 27891 View attachment 27892 View attachment 27893

Here is my video of the run.
Good run. Ran exactly as expected especially with some tire spin.

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
75 Posts
Good run. Ran exactly as expected especially with some tire spin.
I’ve got a set of 305 width toyo r888 on my track wheels and tires. Hoping to run low low 11s in good weather with them and adding the tune.

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
75 Posts
Shew, $1200 more dollars for plus. Buttt that’s a stout piece of mind.

·
Registered
19 CGTS and 15 Macan S
75 Posts
Small print says it isn’t warrantied if you have ANY non APR powertrain mods like, air filter or exhaust.

Also if you breakdown due to track use. Not covered...

501 - 520 of 547 Posts