Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just watched it and the 410 rear wheel hp on the stage 1 tune and the 359 RWHP stock seems a little high.

With 10% drive train loss that is 395hp stock and 451hp APR stage 1.

I think his dyno is reading to high but regardless the +56hp gain is still impressive. Would be good to see the charts a bit better.

I'm wondering if he actually meant flywheel/engine HP?

Also wondering if it is an S tune or a GTS specific tune?

·
Registered
14 Posts
50 Hp gain is about the norm for other tuners for a standard stage 1 remap, particularly for s/gts
Others may not be since the JB4 seems to be a disappointment. He said it's a different car with the APR tune. Sounds very promising! Too bad it won't go undetected.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Others may not be since the JB4 seems to be a disappointment. He said it's a different car with the APR tune. Sounds very promising! Too bad it won't go undetected.
JB4, is piggyback tune. Almost all true ECU tunes show dyno results in that region, if not more.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If they offer an APR Plus warranty it won’t matter if it’s detectable, you’ll be covered if Porsche denies a warranty claim attributable to the tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a JB4 and I know they are working on improvements to increase its effectiveness, so the jury is still out with regards to its performance. Apparently the latest firmware update made a big difference, but I have not been able to test it yet. The car in the video was not running the latest firmware. Would have been great to see the difference.

·
Registered
456 Posts
that's a GTS tune due to different turbo on the GTS vs. S car.
How do you know? Up until recently most tuners have been running S tunes on GTS regardless. I don't believe APR have a GTS development car so could be an "S" tune, but please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe they used their S development car and made some tweaks to suite the GTS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The GTS has a different slightly different turbo than the S if I remember correctly. There certainly is a difference to say the least.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Ver
How do you know? Up until recently most tuners have been running S tunes on GTS regardless. I don't believe APR have a GTS development car so could be an "S" tune, but please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe they used their S development car and made some tweaks to suite the GTS?
its a verified GTS Tune per APRs facebook page. I‘m pretty sure APRs in house 718 is a Cayman GTS. my BS is ready per APR. Waiting for delivery date verification. No word on HP/TQ numbers, i will know those when I get my car back.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ver

its a verified GTS Tune per APRs facebook page. I‘m pretty sure APRs in house 718 is a Cayman GTS. my BS is ready per APR. Waiting for delivery date verification. No word on HP/TQ numbers, i will know those when I get my car back.
Thanks, this would make sense given the high numbers. ~450 hp and ~460 ft/lb at the flywheel would certainly be a record for a stage 1 tune and really bring the GTS into GT3 territory. It becomes very tempting and will be interesting to see what they get form stage 2, maybe 500hp would be nice. I wonder what boost they are running compared with the other tuners.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was told only stage 1 will be made.

I was hoping for stage 2 as I have the Fabspeed Supercup Turboback 200cel catted exhaust with the BMC air filters.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Interesting read, looks like the tune will adapt to Stage 2 bolt ons. Also not bad value at $1080. Who is going to try it first?

It has a 104 RON map, 458hp for the GTS and 439hp for the S! What actually is 104 RON fuel? Anyone know where to get it? Or is it 104 AKI?

41 - 60 of 115 Posts