Porsche 718 Forum banner

Arctic Grey non-RS 718 Cayman (photoshop)

15K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  sbac0n 
#1 ·
So, ever since Arctic Grey became available in the 2023 718 configurator and seeing quite a lot of non-Porsche cars with Chalk/Crayonish color on the streets this year, im considering switching my order from Chalk to Arctic Grey. Since there are no non-RS caymans with this color in the wild yet, i played a bit with photoshop on a GT4RS photo.

Changed front bumper to GTS, changed main air intake, changed carbon air intake to rear window, changed wheels to GTS.

Dont mind my basic photoshop skills, but i find the end result good enough to see how normal caymans look in this color.

Black wheels (with RS rear bumper)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Black wheels (with GTS-ish rear bumper)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Platinum wheels (with RS rear bumper)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Anyway, i hope someone gets a CGTS delivered soon with this color and posts some real pictures.

Let me know what you think or if you have maybe seen Cayenne GT with this color!

See less See more
#4 ·
So, ever since Arctic Grey became available in the 2023 718 configurator and seeing quite a lot of non-Porsche cars with Chalk/Crayonish color on the streets this year, im considering switching my order from Chalk to Arctic Grey. Since there are no non-RS caymans with this color in the wild yet, i played a bit with photoshop on a GT4RS photo.

Changed front bumper to GTS, changed main air intake, changed carbon air intake to rear window, changed wheels to GTS.

Dont mind my basic photoshop skills, but i find the end result good enough to see how normal caymans look in this color.

View attachment 44781

View attachment 44782

View attachment 44783

Anyway, i hope someone gets a CGTS delivered soon with this color and posts some real pictures.

Let me know what you think or if you have maybe seen Cayenne GT with this color!
Am I missing something? You can configure a 718 CGTS with Arctic Grey without having to Photoshop:

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

I would recommend black calipers. And I think the color looks great.

#5 ·

View attachment 44781

View attachment 44782

View attachment 44783

If I were nit-picking I would say the brake caliper is on the wrong side on the rear wheel (its also too big but I realise there are limits!), but this confirms to me that with this grey, black wheels are not the way to go. And I had no trouble configuring one on the UK site:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

#6 ·
No issues with the configurator, i just dont find the colors on there "realistic" enough. I prefer looking at real images when it comes down to deciding on color.

As for the calipers, yeah i know i used same wheel on front and back because i had good source image only for rear (black wheels) and front (platinum wheels).

#9 ·
This is mine on order ..... I personally prefer the red callipers. For me it adds a bit of contrast and interest. My previous GTS was GT Silver, standard black wheels and red callipers - they seem to pop out in a good way.

It's all personal taste ... The dealers will have the Arctic Grey samples, but it is hard to judge when not on a car.

I also opted for the "Porsche" log on the back to be black. IMHO the silver on the back looks odd ..

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

#10 ·
The last render is my favorite and I personally think the red calipers look great in this instance because without them, it looks like a black and white photo filter. But a strategically placed pop of color can making a striking visual on a black and white color tone. Think of the use of the red coat in Schindler's List.

#13 ·
Agreed on all fronts. The splash of red is essential, unless you're looking for a more monochromatic build (which looks good too BTW).

I went back and forth several times on the rear Porsche logo and landed on silver. I like the way it looks on my current black 718 GTS, so if ain't broke... but I did remove the model designation to keep it clean.

That's one of the other beauties of Porsche; almost no two builds are exactly the same. I've also noticed that if you switch backgrounds on the configurator, it does kind of highlight how the shade shifts from greyish-blue to bluish-grey. I personally can't wait to see this color in person and am genuinely excited despite having owned two previous GTS trim Boxsters (981 and 718), and also passing on a 992 GTS in favor of the BGTS 4.0.

My build is locked, September delivery (even if it's the 30th... and that's if it holds).

The Porsche Code

(also note: supplemental safety bars in exterior color is on stop order for Arctic Grey- and I believe it's exclusive to Arctic Grey. Switched mine to black and now like it better.)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

#14 ·
When will the 2023's start being delivered? When was the cut off when they went into production? My SA showed me the chart of expected dates and it looks like mine should go into production September 17th but that's with getting an allocation a month ago.

#16 ·
Good question; I'm sure we'll start seeing real-life pictures of cars in Arctic Grey once this starts happening.

My car is being delivered 9/30 according to TYD, but this is after being pushed back a month for what I assume was not making the cutoff before the summer break. Previously my production date was 7/29; perhaps some cars still made that date and will be delivered in the next 6 weeks or so.

#19 ·

View attachment 44781

View attachment 44782

View attachment 44783

Have seen a Macan in this colour and a Cayenne in Chalk.
To my eyes, the Chalk looked better.

#21 ·
What a tease with the little sun exposed, haha. So what do you think, did you make right choice? Mine says production completed 2 days ago so I'm wondering if pics will be available in a few days from the factory. Either way please post some when you get your hands on it.

#26 ·
Ugh, I don't even know how to use the forums... trying again:

This will be my 2nd 718 GTS. I also had the 2.5T. Do you think Bordeaux stitching will look good with the artic grey exterior? I'm trying to get something fun/sporty but a bit low key too. My lock is 11/4. Going a bit crazy on options, hope I keep this one for a longggg time.

#27 ·
OK. Slow down. Take a deep breath lol Man that's probably the most "no posts" I've ever seen lol So your stitching issue. Are the seats black? If so, then. red stitching will look perfectly fine and sporty. I'm sure if one were to see all the red stitchings side by side, the difference would be somewhat noticeable. However red stitching on black is red stitching on black when there's nothing to compare it to. I'm sure what ever you pick and order will look great.

#30 ·
Thank you! I have a chalk 2021 Macan GTS with all black interior leather and kind of wanted to do chalk interior stitch on the 718 GTS, but I need to keep reminding myself 'this is a sports car, be a little more bold'. Artic = a little more bold (was going to go basic black exterior) and Bordeaux a little more bold for stitching/belts than chalk/grey.

I'm also considering simplifying a bunch and moving calipers back to standard red (I think that is guards red) and doing the belt in guards as well and everything else just black leather (saving some big $). Small pop w the belts, but a little more bold of a pop.

Are there any leather additions you wish you had done but did not? I'm trying to rate, in order of which are the biggest wastes of $ to many, but no really to me... dashboard package in leather, door trim package in leather, steering column in leather, seatbacks in leather.

Any chance you'd be willing to post a video of your car? I'm going to try and youtube mine once I have it. Seems like a fun thing to do. Man, have I learned a lot in the last couple months!

Thanks again!

#31 ·
I've thought about doing a video, but it's more about pulling myself up off the computer/PS5 and getting out there and doing it lol. It's easier to just come on the forums and chat about it, post an image or link to YouTube here and there, than actually get up and film something.

But that said, I'm going to have to get off my ass and get some kind of coating on my car now that the PPF is installed. Once that's done and it's all clean and shiny, that should be a great time to do a quick walkaround vid, especially if it may help people on color choice as there aren't too many Arctic Grey cars out there at the moment.

One other thing I will say is that this color actually gets A LOT of attention. I'm not real sure why. As I mentioned I've had Boxsters in Carrara White (981 GTS) and Black (718 GTS), and neither of them turned heads like this one, just in the week or so of actual driving I've done.

As far as money-wasting options, that is a very personal discussion lol. But to me, the GTS package makes the car feel much more special. I personally couldn't have a GTS version of a sports car and not get the GTS interior package- with the exception of the 992. The 930 leather package in the 992 is to die for... but it's not available in the 718 so I went with the GTS package...

I had the black leather interior in my 991.2 with body-color painted accents. I actually didn't like it in pictures and it almost made me not consider the car at all. It looked a lot better in person but still not something I would have chosen for myself. But the leather itself was very nice, but I missed the contrast stitching. I think that adds an extra touch of class, and so I also ordered black leather with chalk stitching on my incoming 23 Macan GTS, in Black. FWIW I'll be getting the Macan covered in XPEL Stealth as well for a satin finish (that isn't a wrap- I don't like wraps).

All of this is subjective of course. End of the day, you take inputs from what's out there and come to your own conclusions, which appears to be exactly what you're doing! I'll do what I can to continue to provide the inputs.

Pic of 991.2 interior for reference:

Vehicle Car Gear shift Car seat cover Motor vehicle

#32 ·
You've had some great cars! Congrats. I really want to do that GTS package, and would do it if I could get seat centers in leather. Maybe I should embrace racetex. The package saves some big $ compared to the mega leather/stitching strategy instead. Shoot.

I also like the leather + seat centers in leather option (still gets some racetex bits around the car) but can't add any stitching here. **** the configurator strikes again!

Have you seen the combo Xpel + Ceramic coating options... like, one step vs. two?

So great that this color is a head turner... I always loved Nardo and was excited to see this is nardoish + more blue hues.

The painted trim has never been for me but I could see it be such a compelling idea for some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.