Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 BOXSTER BASE PDK. 2018 MACAN S
33 Posts
How many of you listen to Sirius? The My complimentary subscription on my Cayman ran out over a year ago but they are after me to re-up and for not much money. We never listened to it much when it was active but you never know when something good might turn up. Having all the NFL games was interesting but I don't really need them, now do I?

Last year we had reason to buy a new minivan. It also came with a complimentary Sirius subscription. Haven't listened to it. But I do wonder if is possible to have one subscription work on both vehicles.

What say you to any of this?
How many of you listen to Sirius? The My complimentary subscription on my Cayman ran out over a year ago but they are after me to re-up and for not much money. We never listened to it much when it was active but you never know when something good might turn up. Having all the NFL games was interesting but I don't really need them, now do I?

Last year we had reason to buy a new minivan. It also came with a complimentary Sirius subscription. Haven't listened to it. But I do wonder if is possible to have one subscription work on both vehicles.

[each car is separate
They will try to get u for about $20 a month

U can get the basic for about $6 each
Just press them
That’s what i did

·
Registered
138 Posts

I keep receiving the same offers but I listen to my phone through Apple Car Play so I don’t renew.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recall the Serius promotional period and subscription reminders when we got our 2012 Nissan pickup but I never listened to it and didn't subscribe. But I don't remember that our 2017 Cayman S had that radio capability or service. I never listen to the radio anyway or use Car Play, figuring it's an unwelcome distraction from the task at hand... My wife is content listening to talk radio on local stations in her Merc.

·
Registered
2017 718 Boxster - Graphite Blue Metallic
128 Posts
My wife renewed in her car, I use the app occasionally via CarPlay but not enough to justify a second account. We pay right about $99 annually for the top tier service.

Honestly we probably use it most via Alexa at home....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had it for years. But with carplay in Boxster and blue tooth in other cars, I stream Spotify. Much better sound quality than Sirius. But it was nice having the news on Sirius.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Sirius subscription on my wife's Enclave, as well as the complimentary on the Porsche which ran out. There is a Sirius phone app on Google (I have Samsung) and I have on occasion simply connect to the Porsche using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally renewed my Sirius subscription when they sent me an offer of 4 years for about $30/yr. News, talk radio, business channels and music. I much prefer it over local stations especially when traveling out in the wilds of central PA. As far as saving $$ by streaming it through your phone, keep in mind that you must pay for that extra bandwidth on your phone's program plus the cost of whatever phone you think you need. But, oddly, I do get more channels at home when I stream it there through my home internet than are available in my car. So if you always stream it no matter what car you're in or where you are instead of getting it through your regular car radio, it is a better value. Happy listening!🍻😎

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
548 Posts
I have always found the Sirius audio fidelity to be poor. Their best offer is usually $6/month. I would rather go with Apple Music at $10/month... and enjoy it in home (or literally anywhere) as well. So many tracks on demand, curated playlists.

And I was a rare bird to option the Burmester, so yeah, I could never play Sirius quality audio through that!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I listen to it all the time. I have Spotify and a bunch of lossless tracks stored if I want to deliberately "listen" to music. But sometimes, I don't want to have to think about what to play next... and XM (Sirius) works great for that. I try listening to regular terrestrial radio and just can't do it... after never hearing commercials in the car, I find regular radio downright obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yesterday Sirius sent me some email offering a service upgrade for a year for only $5 / month. Plus some minor tax or something. For $60 buck a year I decided to go for it. I spend more than that on beer every so often!

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
53 Posts
I listen to it all the time. I have Spotify and a bunch of lossless tracks stored if I want to deliberately "listen" to music. But sometimes, I don't want to have to think about what to play next... and XM (Sirius) works great for that. I try listening to regular terrestrial radio and just can't do it... after never hearing commercials in the car, I find regular radio downright obnoxious.
Most online music service has a jukebox mode that'll just play random tracks of a particular genre or similar to a particular artist. I just tell Google to "Play some rock music" or "Play some <artist or group name> songs".

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
I record Radio Paradise using an app and put the music into iTunes and hence into my car. RP has several streams, no ads, and the music is selected by a real DJ and not a computer.
I send them some money each year because of my satisfaction with how they do things.

·
Registered
2021 GTS 4.0 6MT soon!
172 Posts
Can't wait to hear how "awful" my GTS's standard stereo sounds playing the highly compressed Sirius/XM 60's, 70's, 80's, Coffeehouse, and select talk channels. If it's truly horrible, I might have to upgrade the speakers, but I won't be driving the car for the quality of the stereo system. At home, I have B&W, but in the car, the real music will come from it's 4.0 flat six, with (at minimum) the Soul OAPs I just ordered!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree that the sound quality of SiriusXM not that great but I’ve kept it as an alternative source of music in poor cell coverage areas. i had a lifetime subscription with a BMW that I sold prior to cayman acquisition. I attempted to transfer it but was told it only applied to lifetime of the car. Fast forward to January of this year. I received an email about a class action (Alverez, et al v. SiriusXM). I opted in and it was adjudicated in February. All lifetime subscribers get ability to transfer subscription to different vehicles for the lifetime of the subscriber (or lifetime of SiriusX-LOL). So I will be keeping it in the Porsche ( and since I’m a subscriber I get use of the app in other CarPlay capable vehicles).

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
548 Posts
While I don't care for Sirius, satellite has its merits when in remote and mountainous areas.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts