Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attended a local Porsche (PCA sanctioned) event today in my neighborhood. Guest speaker was the owner of "Obsessed Garage" located in Lady Lake, FL. His name is Matt and he is Obsessed.... Visit his site for more detailed information and an eye opener covering everything garage, cleaning, detailing, etc. of our prize babies. Enjoy the ride.....

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I commented on his channel awhile back and said his voice is so mono tone that he put me to sleep lol
I concur about the voice @lsturbointeg. Haven't watched any vids yet but his presentation had the same effect. What did interest me however, was the products he's assembled. Let's take a high pressure cleaner for example. In the past he'd link all the parts/pieces needed to assemble a quality machine (up to 17 pieces) that you'd have to order to get the finished product. Today he's actually builds the item and sells it as a finished product. That's a huge bonus for folk like me. Check out the new pressure cleaner coming the end of August (2022).
@InigoMontoya : we have many places to choose what we use and how to use them. I agree with your thinking. At the end the choice is ours. I just like to have many sources to pick from. All good.
I asked what PSI to use for brake dust pressure removal. Matt recommends 1000 psi.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I first watched Matt's vids quite a few years ago. He has come quite a long way since then! Very impressive and interesting fellow. I like the look of the new "obsessed" lake house he has bought to rent out, although I suspect there are lots of similar places to rent but without such a nice garage and an M3 to rent! My wash bay and car washing technique is quite Tardy compared with his!

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
$800? :oops: Seems quite expensive. I know they phoophood the Ryobi pressure washer, but having one I can say it gets the job done and for fraction of the cost. I use it on the cars and use it to wash the patio, driveway and masonry walls around the house. I've used it for a few years now. If it shitz the bed, then I'll buy another and still be in for less than the one advertised here. Basically I can buy four for the same price as the one advertised. It is 2700psi and comes on wheels with a long hose. The only thing I purchased separately is the foam cannon which is rather inexpensive. All in is a little over $200. You want a longer and better hose? Add another 40 bucks to the deal. $800 for a cheap Chinese pressure washer is criminal.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman S in Gentian Blue
27 Posts
I used Obsessed Garage and Pan for the bulk of my detailing research before I coated my Cayman. Matt from Obsessed is a little monotone. He is a no BS guy but that can be bad. it was his way or the highway and everything else is junk. I recall an episode where he painfully agreed with his staff that not all of his viewers could afford the top of the line pressure washer that he sold so he now offered lower cost options. To him, there really was only one option, so save up and buy it. He had a ton of useful information that was far more valuable than the negatives.
I did a test run on my WRX before I corrected and coated my Cayman. It worked out really well but there were some spots that I didn’t level perfectly, leaving them with a rainbow looking sheen. It cost me far more than if I paid to have it done but that wasn’t the point.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I remember him from back in my M3 days. Very detail oriented guy with a great garage and cars in it.

On a related note - always found it odd that he lived in that retirement area as a younger guy presumably with a family.

·
Registered
332 Posts
He bought his GT4 for my local dealer here in NC. Taking delivery of his next one(GT3 Brewster Green PTS) in Sept/Oct here as well. Quite a few youtube videos on him picking the GT4 up, detaiilng it, etc etc. He's doing the same for the GT3 when it arrives.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Rupes videos were most helpful to me and I also like the videos by Esoteric.

I paint corrected and applied ceramic coating to the CGTS and am happy with the results and durability so far. It has been 9 months.

I applied Uno protect to a previous BMW, wifes MINI and our Macan. It doesn't last as long as ceramic but is easy to apply and I have been happy with its performance.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$800? :oops: Seems quite expensive. I know they phoophood the Ryobi pressure washer, but having one I can say it gets the job done and for fraction of the cost. I use it on the cars and use it to wash the patio, driveway and masonry walls around the house. I've used it for a few years now. If it shitz the bed, then I'll buy another and still be in for less than the one advertised here. Basically I can buy four for the same price as the one advertised. It is 2700psi and comes on wheels with a long hose. The only thing I purchased separately is the foam cannon which is rather inexpensive. All in is a little over $200. You want a longer and better hose? Add another 40 bucks to the deal. $800 for a cheap Chinese pressure washer is criminal.
I think Matt mentioned that the physical pump part is from Germany. Could be mistaken but I think that's what he said. He also mentioned that the new pressure cleaner (complete) would be in the high-$300's. I was surprised when I saw the $800 posted. The shop is close to my home so I'll go by and get more facts. Stay tuned for an update soon. Dang brake dust..... The Bee stays so clean aside from the wheels...

Reactions: GTS18BGTS

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had paint corrected seven cars and ceramic coated three of them before I did my Boxsy. Using the same 12mm DA with 5 inch plate and Lake Country orange and green pads, medium cut and light or final finish and Menzerna 2500 and 3500 Superfinish compounds. I made a single levelling mistake on the first car that I coated but after that all was fixed I never did that mistake again. I do the full thing, takes me 3 days, safe wash, decontaminate, clay bar, panel wipe, one or two step correction as needed, panel wipe, inspect, apply coating, flash over, flatten, buff, cure 12 hours, apply hydrophobic top layer, flash over, flatten, buff. cure, second layer application, flash over, flatten, buff, 12 hour cure. All paint, then alloys and exhaust then inside carpets leather and plastics take another full day and a half. Costs me about £100 in materials not counting the DA, pads and compound which was bought to do the very first car that I did. I have enough coatings left to do one more car as long as they don't go off in storage.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had paint corrected seven cars and ceramic coated three of them before I did my Boxsy. Using the same 12mm DA with 5 inch plate and Lake Country orange and green pads, medium cut and light or final finish and Menzerna 2500 and 3500 Superfinish compounds. I made a single levelling mistake on the first car that I coated but after that all was fixed I never did that mistake again. I do the full thing, takes me 3 days, safe wash, decontaminate, clay bar, panel wipe, one or two step correction as needed, panel wipe, inspect, apply coating, flash over, flatten, buff, cure 12 hours, apply hydrophobic top layer, flash over, flatten, buff. cure, second layer application, flash over, flatten, buff, 12 hour cure. All paint, then alloys and exhaust then inside carpets leather and plastics take another full day and a half. Costs me about £100 in materials not counting the DA, pads and compound which was bought to do the very first car that I did. I have enough coatings left to do one more car as long as they don't go off in storage.
Excellent report. Now, all you have to do is leave the homeland, move to North Central Florida and spend a few days in my garage. Photos are in order......

·
Registered
325 Posts
Excellent report. Now, all you have to do is leave the homeland, move to North Central Florida and spend a few days in my garage. Photos are in order......
Ocala is nice at this time of year. I shall be back in November for 30 days. Doing a coastal road trip starting at St Augustine and driving south to Key West then back up the gulf Coast to finally have some special time with a couple of anthropomorphic rodents and a duck with anger management issues... Gotta love that grouchy duck

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ocala is nice at this time of year. I shall be back in November for 30 days. Doing a coastal road trip starting at St Augustine and driving south to Key West then back up the gulf Coast to finally have some special time with a couple of anthropomorphic rodents and a duck with anger management issues... Gotta love that grouchy duck
We'll have to hook up. I'm about an hour North of "The home of Rat City". You'll get to meet Bumblebee....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Doing a coastal road trip starting at St Augustine and driving south to Key West
We're about 30-40 minutes from St Augustine and have had countless dinners and drinks there, it's our favorite place and if you're looking for recommendations I'd be happy to suggest a few places we really like.

Key West was where we had a belated honeymoon in '94, and the bed and breakfast we stayed at (Duval House) is still operational. Since we drove my old 944 down for that trip, we're taking the Cayman for the next visit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We're about 30-40 minutes from St Augustine and have had countless dinners and drinks there, it's our favorite place and if you're looking for recommendations I'd be happy to suggest a few places we really like.

Key West was where we had a belated honeymoon in '94, and the bed and breakfast we stayed at (Duval House) is still operational. Since we drove my old 944 down for that trip, we're taking the Cayman for the next visit.
I would be delighted to take any advice or recommendations.
We are casual diners, no fancy stuff and we eat local, ethnic and old fashioned Mom and Pop places. We have taken breakfast at the flour mill all you can make pancakes at Ponce de Leon Spring in past visits. We like Mexican, Fish, pasta, seafood, anything with some chili heat, stone baked pizza, good local microbrewery beer and real dairy ice cream, the nearer to the cow, the better. We love State Parks and are members of the National Parks Service. In Key West we are booked into The Conch House Heritage Inn on Trueman Avenue. All advice very welcome. We adore the USA and Americana, I guess we are trying to find the America of 50s and 60s, road trips, route 66, old fashioned values and the things we saw in Hollywood movies growing up in the 60s

1 - 20 of 23 Posts