Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the AWE tuning exhaust today. Was actually really easy. 2 nuts per side at 13mm for the pipes, and a 6mm hex driver/ Allen key for the clamps that hold it to the transmission mount. After sliding the clamps to the side, and removing the nuts, you just push the exhaust up off of two clips and the it drops down and out over the axles. Took maybe 15 mins with hand tools, minus figuring out what was needed. Install was even fast. Just line everything up and follow the instructions. It is louder than the stock exhaust, but shout quite down when it breaks in. It does have drone in he 3k range. But shouldn’t matter if you have PDK. And it might go away after break in. I think the tips are the 102mm? I thought I ordered 90mm, but they look good. I do need to shift them to the right about 1/4 inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for sharing!
Did you check the weight difference between stock and AWE exhaust?
Do you have an angle photo of it too of the tips?
Cheers

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t weigh it, but I’m guessing what awe says is pretty close. It does have some drone at the moment, nothing crazy. Hopefully it goes away after break in. It still has that new exhaust smell when I stop somewhere and get out. I’ve had AWE on other cars and they do have a break in before the sound those best.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
Nice choice. From the various exhausts I've heard I like the Touring the best.

Most exhausts sound a bit "hollow" until they get a good coating of carbon inside. I liked that sound on my Moto Guzzi California, but I like it smoothed out better.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts