Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
If that’s how you interpret it.

But in reality swappable back to original anytime and plug and play in my language mean yes, it has been swapped back many times for service internal work and other warranty issues ( non engine/ drivetrain related) maybe it is a language barrier thing with translation from queens English into American?
🤣
I appreciate all your anecdotal info. but theres nothing like first hand experience where someone can say "Yes I did it and it worked (or didn't)". No language barriers here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what your on about ???
Good example of the Queen’s English (referenced in later post) - should say “you’re” as in “you are” not “your” as in “belonging to”. Worryingly a common error, a little picky and clearly opening myself up to retribution!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Good example of the Queen’s English (referenced in later post) - should say “you’re” as in “you are” not “your” as in “belonging to”. Worryingly a common error, a little picky and clearly opening myself up to retribution!
Perhaps a victim of autocorrect…happens to all of us at sometime or another.

·
Registered
2021 Cayman T 6MT
57 Posts
Thanks for all the information I’ve decided that based upon your feedback, speaking with the tuner and reading many of the posts on this topic to not perform the tune.

As always I do a risk/reward analysis and I think in this case the risks outweigh the reward. This recognizes the basic capabilities of 718 as above average to begin with and the additional power to be minImal vs the cost of the tune, potential heat damage to the engine as a result of the tune and potential to void the warranty all create to much risk.
I’d go into your preferred dealer and just ask them. Some dealers are more tuner friendly and will look past it. They might even recommend a certain tune If you’re nice.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts