Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman GTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am thinking of having a custom tune done for my 2.5 GTS, I am looking for long track sessions reliability and a more linear power delivery "ala" GT4.

Who do you think would the best suited for the task ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recomend Ed on Equilibrium Tuning mostly because he knows a lot about the 2.5 GTS since he got one of his one.
He has just finished a custom tune for me, and the car is a blast to drive, i did also ordered a second E30 tune which will add an extra 40-50 hp just to have something when the car is starting to feel slow (if ever)
You switch maps with the Cobb tool..

·
Registered
2017 Sapphire Blue Cayman S
43 Posts
If you're going off the shelf tunes and you don't have other engine upgrades I'd say APR for sure.
If you're wanting a custom tune with the ability to run any sort of ethanol content DEFINITELY get with Ed at EQT. Honestly, the only downside about the EQT tunes is that is requires the CobbAccess Port which basically doubles the cost of the tune. But like I said, if you want a proper custom tune to YOUR exact setup, there's nothing better.

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman GTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're going off the shelf tunes and you don't have other engine upgrades I'd say APR for sure.
If you're wanting a custom tune with the ability to run any sort of ethanol content DEFINITELY get with Ed at EQT. Honestly, the only downside about the EQT tunes is that is requires the CobbAccess Port which basically doubles the cost of the tune. But like I said, if you want a proper custom tune to YOUR exact setup, there's nothing better.
Thanks for the heads up, I already have a Cobb with OTS maps that I baught used from a forum member so I guess total cost wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman GTS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just saw that EQT sell there Stage maps for the GTS for a very reasonable price, figuring I can't really go wrong since they actually do track there GTS like I do..

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just saw that EQT sell there Stage maps for the GTS for a very reasonable price, figuring I can't really go wrong since they actually do track there GTS like I do..

I looked into this. So what the difference between just the normal Cobb vs this specific tune for the GTS?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts