Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Has anyone here installed a radar detector with either Blendmount's mirror tap or hard tap to the fusebox? I had my Valentine 1 installed on my Panamera to the fusebox, but was thinking tapping to the mirror eliminates the need to hide the wire in the headliner. Anyone?

Thanks!

Barry

·
Registered
103 Posts
The blue connector at the back. You can unclip it and gain more access to it without separating the connector.
Once the wire connector is tapped, then I connected the radar detector plug wire by going in between the plastic shell on the windshield and the front aspect of the headliner. There is a rubber seal that you can push the wire thru without any cutting so it remains OEM if you decide to remove it later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The blue connector at the back. You can unclip it and gain more access to it without separating the connector.
Once the wire connector is tapped, then I connected the radar detector plug wire by going in between the plastic shell on the windshield and the front aspect of the headliner. There is a rubber seal that you can push the wire thru without any cutting so it remains OEM if you decide to remove it later.
Which blue connector did you tap into? The one on right- or left-side?

How did you unclip the connector? I've tried pulling it out of the connector, but it is very stubborn and I'm afraid it will break.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It will come out. I got mine out by gently pulling toward you from one end. The cool thing about it is it has exposed connections on the other side so no need to guess which one to connect to so it is only on with the ignition.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Which blue connector did you tap? The one on the right or left side? Thanks for the guidance!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.