Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found anything about the shark blue color will be a color choice for a 2022 718 ?

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (On order; expected delivery in July '21)
54 Posts
My SA told me that it would probably be a 911 only color for a while. But he seemed like he was just guessing ...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Someone on Rennlist posted a picture from the Austrian GT4 configurator showing Shark Blue as an option. Seems like it's a possibility for other 718's in more markets, at least.

·
Registered
698 Posts
For now it is only available for the the GT3 - as one of the four special colours. At least that is the case where I live. It will trickle down the rest of the range at some stage. Maybe other GT cars first or the Carreras. Not sure whether it will make it to the 718 range for MY2022 though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
C’est tout, Porsche offre le requin bleu, mais pour ma part, je préfère de loin le miami bleu au requin bleu.

·
Registered
61 Posts
C’est tout, Porsche offre le requin bleu, mais pour ma part, je préfère de loin le miami bleu au requin bleu.
I tend to agree - while I like the new shark blue, I also enjoyed the Miami blue and it may have been my preference too. Both are lovely however.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
From the name I thought it might have a bit of gray tint to it. Looks almost like Club Blau, the color the PCA came up with for their anniversary 911.

·
Registered
698 Posts
From the name I thought it might have a bit of gray tint to it. Looks almost like Club Blau, the color the PCA came up with for their anniversary 911.

View attachment 30844
It's a lot different to the first "Shark Blue" colour I saw a picture of - which was more in line with the idea of a 'shark' blue i.e. - a pale blue/gray. This would have made a lot of sense in my opinion.

Seeing the final version though it could be Club Blau with a hint of grey to it. It really works as a launch/hero colour for the new GT3 though, although i'm not sure how well this would translate to other models.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It's a lot different to the first "Shark Blue" colour I saw a picture of - which was more in line with the idea of a 'shark' blue i.e. - a pale blue/gray. This would have made a lot of sense in my opinion.

Seeing the final version though it could be Club Blau with a hint of grey to it. It really works as a launch/hero colour for the new GT3 though, although i'm not sure how well this would translate to other models.
Maybe the color doesn't display well from the configurator? The shark part does suggest some king of bluish gray.

On another note, a 60th Anniversary Club Coupe is available with less than 1k miles. It has grasped my attention but not my checkbook .... yet lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
I do wonder how accurate the configurator is
Here is the configurator screen shot

And here is the website info pic from the configurator

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
548 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Macan is Voodoo Blue and this picture depicts the colour pretty accurately. I think Shark Blue will be a little lighter than this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts