Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the BMC filter from Fabspeed. should be here mid next week. I am also contemplating an AWE touring exhaust, but not sure yet. I will update this after I install the part with my impressions. I am not expecting magic, but a little less restriction may help. I have 850 miles on my car at the moment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What does the BMC filter do? I was also contemplating the AWE exhaust having been influenced by the negative press, but in person I think it's perfectly fine as is, but then again I think the basic sound system in the 718 sounds good enough.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok just an air filter, I thought it may have been something relating to the exhaust given the nature of the post

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is similar. From what I have read, Porsche uses BMC as oem in the GT3. The quality is also significantly better than K&N as well. I'll post some picture when it comes in.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I got it today. Didn't install it yet. I got a few of the trim pieces off to access the engine, but ran out of time. Might ask the dealer to do it. It's pretty tedious accessing the engine. Lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed today. Sounds better than stock. The stock filter is heavy duty paper. Looks like a dram filter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Was it easy to install? How is the sound now?

Rippey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts