Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have decided to take the plunge and get my first Porsche, the 718 Boxster, but I am a little indecisive in regard to exterior/interior colors. So far, I have narrowed it down to Racing Yellow or Carmine Red for the exterior. I am going to go with the standard interior and would rather stay away from black so I am leaning toward Agate Grey for the interior. I have never seen a Porsche with this color interior so I was wondering what others thought of the Red Carmine / Agate Grey combo or the Racing Yellow / Agate Grey combo. I think the Racing Yellow / Agate Grey combo would look good. However, when I look at the Agate Grey sample next to Black, it makes the Agate Grey appear to be brown so I am worried that the Carmine Red / Agate Grey would not look right. The dealer has also told me that they have never ordered a vehicle with the Carmine Red / Agate Grey combo so that is upping my fears a little more. This is my first post and I welcome your opinions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I hade agate grey in my 718 CS i loved it. Dependig on the time of day it changed color between grayish and brownish.
But i have never seen a mix with agate grey

·
Registered
519 Posts
Agate Grey does has a brownish hue, the metallic paint is the same. I think it would be OK with Yellow but wouldn't work at all with Carmine Red.
The 718 brochure has a section on recommended colour combinations (page 116); two exterior colours are specifically not recommended as a match with the Agate Grey interior - Carmine Red and Miami Blue. Black and Sapphire Blue are also not "especially" recommended.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would consider going with the chalk/black full leather interior as I think that would look much better than agate. If you really want to stick with base interior then personally I would just go with black and then add a pop of color with racing yellow seatbelts and gauges.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I say get what you want. It's your money. Your opinion matters most.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the input. I cannot find the section on recommended color combinations in the 718 brochure. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was provided the enclosed document when I was configuring my car. The chart is on the 53rd thumbnail, or page 108 in the brochure.

If agate gray is either gray or gray/brown, I would think it would go well with Carmine Red, but I guess it would help to see it. Plus, the chart also approves of agate gray with Guard's Red. That's a fine distinction they're drawing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
I've got to say(😁) that yellow with black interior go together well, so well in fact it's what I bought.😝

I asked the dealer about gray and he didn't recommend it 'cause the roof would be black--too many large areas of different colours.

My dealer also had largish panels of interior and exterior colours that could be compared side-by-side.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thank you for the input. I cannot find the section on recommended color combinations in the 718 brochure. Can someone point me in the right direction?
The PDF link supplied by @duegatti is similar to the printed one I referred to (possibly earlier or a different region) and is a basic guide. The great thing about Porsche is that you can pretty much spec whatever you want; so if you want Carmine red and Agate Grey you can have it. Personally i'm not a fan of Agate Grey interiors and doubt I would ever spec it with any exterior combination (the brown puts me off and I much prefer the new grey option on the 99), but it's not my car its yours and you should buy it for you not for the next person who might buy it.

Having said that sometimes it is good to listen to those with more experience than oneself. For example, I bought a 911T that, if I had of spec'ed it myself, would never have spec'ed that way but, having lived with it for a year, now acknowledge that the people who did spec it had a better feel for the car and it's options than I did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know of a group in the Detroit area where owners of Boxsters or Porsches gather on the weekends to just show off their vehicles? I think it would be a great chance to see a lot of different color combinations in person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts