Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Delivery date, who knows!! Certainly not 2021 I've been told. It's going to be a long wait. I spent 3 months changing the spec on the configurator before managing to go for a test drive between national lockdowns. I know I've over specced it but this is a car for me 馃槆

So, what did I go for...Agate grey, red roof, PDK, GTS interior with red stitch, LED headlights, sports plus seats, all the safety features possible, entry and drive, carbon steering wheel, carbon sills, carbon PDK selector, gloss black rear wing oh and Bose sound system

Just a waiting game now....

Any suggestions on breaking her in when she does eventually arrive?

Registered
Delivery date, who knows!! Certainly not 2021 I've been told. It's going to be a long wait. I spent 3 months changing the spec on the configurator before managing to go for a test drive between national lockdowns. I know I've over specced it but this is a car for me 馃槆

So, what did I go for...Agate grey, red roof, PDK, GTS interior with red stitch, LED headlights, sports plus seats, all the safety features possible, entry and drive, carbon steering wheel, carbon sills, carbon PDK selector, gloss black rear wing oh and Bose sound system

Drive the **** out of it and enjoy!!!

Registered
Delivery date, who knows!! Certainly not 2021 I've been told. ....
Why???

If you actually have one on order, and not simply on a waitlist with your dealer, your dealer can give you the projected delivery date, and it should be sometime in the next four months or so. I don't believe there's such thing as an allocation with uncertain delivery much less over a year from now!

Premium Member
As to the "Drive the wee out of it" comment... I would say, warm it up fully first...set the display for OIL temp, not water temp. I never hammer mine until it reads 200 F or so. Then, you know, learn the car....baby steps. THEN...Drive the ---- out of it!

Reactions: Raven

Registered

Sounds like they (your dealer) are waiting for an allocation and now add the stop sale order that came out last week....yes it may be a while.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like they (your dealer) are waiting for an allocation and now add the stop sale order that came out last week....yes it may be a while.
Oh great! I didn't know about this....I keep pinching myself that one day I will own my dream car....hope it's in this life time!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I had a call from my PSA yesterday...an allocation has become available as someone has "fallen out of bed" is how they put it.

I now have a July build for a September delivery! 馃槅

I am over the moon!

Here's my spec for anyone that's interested...I could even get the shark blue! Over specced I know but hey....let me know what you think?

Registered
2021 Boxster
So, I had a call from my PSA yesterday...an allocation has become available as someone has "fallen out of bed" is how they put it.

I am over the moon!

Here's my spec for anyone that's interested...I could even get the shark blue! Over specced I know but hey....let me know what you think?

Looks to my untrained eye that the car is well fit out.... Lots of goodies... Can't advise on colors since I lost my color vision during the war. Big wheels are always a plus... I'll leave to the hard-core members to look more closely at the specs.

You're in the UK? So they're going to put the wheel on the wrong side? :giggle: Just a bit of pond humor on a Saturday morning. The fact that your dreams are becoming reality is what really matters. A plan is coming together and that is always a good thing. Cheers mate!

Reactions: Graustark

Registered

I am over the moon!

Sweet. I also received confirmation of a July build and August delivery this week, having ordered in December 2020. I was feeling like I overspec鈥檇 it but you have beaten me! 馃榾 I鈥檓 not doing the ceramics and carbon trimmings but otherwise pretty close and in crayon. Getting excited now although with the state of roads in UK, I hope it鈥檒l be worthwhile!

Registered

I am over the moon!

Congratulations on the allocation! I love your spec. The black calipers are one of my favorite options on mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet. I also received confirmation of a July build and August delivery this week, having ordered in December 2020. I was feeling like I overspec鈥檇 it but you have beaten me! 馃榾 I鈥檓 not doing the ceramics and carbon trimmings but otherwise pretty close and in crayon. Getting excited now although with the state of roads in UK, I hope it鈥檒l be worthwhile!

I can't wait....I'd have a carbon gear shift too, but they removed the option for MY2022 :cry:
You're right about the roads in the UK though. I'm lucky that I have access to an air field with excellent tarmac and not many people around. Think my launch control will be used more than once :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't wait....I'd have a carbon gear shift too, but they removed the option for MY2022 :cry:
You're right about the roads in the UK though. I'm lucky that I have access to an air field with excellent tarmac and not many people around. Think my launch control will be used more than once :D
Oh and my PSA said that my baby was due for delivery in August too but as the factory shuts for the whole month of August then it's more likely to be September...I can put up with that - I didn't expect it until this time 2022 馃挄馃挄馃挄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations on the allocation! I love your spec. The black calipers are one of my favorite options on mine.
Thank you! I can't wait to see them. I just thought that yellow was introducing one too many colours and as our back number plates are a kind of an off yellow here in the UK, it just wouldn't go...so black it was. To be honest though, I made so many changes to my spec while I was waiting for an allocation. I thought I'd made my mind up, and then the configurator changed and I got a promotion at work, so extra treats made it onto the list ... and as it's also my birthday today, I was in too much of a good mood and thought what the heck...I'm still smiling from ear to ear :D:D:D

Registered
Be thankful you are not in my situation and 995 other people who are waiting for be engines. My car has been sitting at the dealer since 3/15. I ordered mine 11/20. I have been without a car for nearly 9 months now.

Registered
PSA called yesterday - my car is nearly built! I didn't even know that it had started. No mention of a delivery date yet though....I can wait, it's still 2021 after all....
Nice - I'm due an August delivery too and been biding my time - Not go as much patience as some here, so going to call on Monday to see what is happening - I'm hoping it will get through the factory before the August shutdown (it is certainly scheduled to be)

Registered
PSA called yesterday - my car is nearly built! I didn't even know that it had started. No mention of a delivery date yet though....I can wait, it's still 2021 after all....

Congratulations!
Shark Blue would be in top 3 choices and may even be #1 (i have not seen it in person yet).

Registered
Shark Blue would be in top 3 choices and may even be #1 (i have not seen it in person yet).
I was in that quandary too, but couldn't see it in person either - Recently my dealer sent me the sample that turned up

1 - 20 of 32 Posts