Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Be thankful you are not in my situation and 995 other people who are waiting for be engines. My car has been sitting at the dealer since 3/15. I ordered mine 11/20. I have been without a car for nearly 9 months now.
That doesn't sound fair at all! At least each day is a day nearer to delivery....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice - I'm due an August delivery too and been biding my time - Not go as much patience as some here, so going to call on Monday to see what is happening - I'm hoping it will get through the factory before the August shutdown (it is certainly scheduled to be)
I had another call from Porsche asking if I was ok to pull the car into July as it was sitting at the port and waiting to on the boat...Should I wait until the new registration in September? Does it make a big difference? It's going to have a personalised number plate on it anyway so do I need it to say 71? Let's not digress to far from .... my car is sitting at the port waiting to get on the boat!!! 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Congratulations!
Shark Blue would be in top 3 choices and may even be #1 (i have not seen it in person yet).
Thanks - I was a little unsure but I wanted something different to the blacks, greys and whites that you so often see. I went to a detailing place to talk about PPF/Ceramic coating etc and they had a new GT3, in shark blue, in a bay getting covered. The colour is amazing! I love it! I wanted to push the boundaries a little more though so have decided to cover it with a matte PPF...there was a matte lava orange 911 there at the time too and it looked just stunning...I cannot wait to see it! Not long now I hope....

Registered
Crazy beautiful! Congratulations and can't wait to see more pics.

Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nice land shark!

Registered
I..I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.

Registered
That鈥檚 awesome!

Mine was also on the boat to Sheerness, landing on Friday 23rd. I only knew because my son鈥檚 detective work tracked it down and when I asked the OPC, they agreed that it was on the boat. Getting information is like pulling teeth. I still don鈥檛 have much more than 鈥渟oon鈥 from them. Unless I periodically email them, the feedback is zero. They are very pleasant when they reply but there鈥檚 nothing proactive - they clearly don鈥檛 realise how excited I am!
Hopefully next week鈥

View attachment 33525 View attachment 33525

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That鈥檚 awesome!

Mine was also on the boat to Sheerness, landing on Friday 23rd. I only knew because my son鈥檚 detective work tracked it down and when I asked the OPC, they agreed that it was on the boat. Getting information is like pulling teeth. I still don鈥檛 have much more than 鈥渟oon鈥 from them. Unless I periodically email them, the feedback is zero. They are very pleasant when they reply but there鈥檚 nothing proactive - they clearly don鈥檛 realise how excited I am!
Hopefully next week鈥

View attachment 33525 View attachment 33525
Yes, that鈥檚 when mine landed - I agree about the OPC. They don鈥檛 seem to get that we want to know every little bit of information. I didn鈥檛 know my spec had locked, I didn鈥檛 know my build began. I missed the 鈥減regnancy鈥 part and went straight from conception to delivery - lol. It may have been nice to have the emotional rollercoaster that our friends in the US go through, but at the end of the day, she is here and she鈥檚 more amazing than I thought. I really took a gamble with shark blue (with a red roof) but it payed off. I鈥檓 taking another with matte PPF鈥y fingers are crossed!

Registered
Love the Shark blue - bit different to your original agate grey spec ! The red roof will give it a Superman look 馃槃

21 - 32 of 32 Posts