Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it finally arrived last weekend, the new BGTS 4.0 PDK

I agonised over options, spec and colours for months - yet interestingly it didn't occur to me to question which model I wanted. The choice of a 6-cyl boxster, with GTS set-up just sounded right. Perhaps it's a last hurrah to the ICE, and one that will last for a couple of decades yet I hope. I knew that PDK doesn't detract from the experience really for non-purists, and since my driving includes crossing busy cities, mainly London, the PDK will make driving a bit more relaxed.

That's been the general approach for the rest of the build too...a daily driver GTS whose spec wouldn't discourage me from driving it for the majority of my use cases. This is my first Porsche, and I was 'adventurous' with the colour scheme. I was gently advised against some of my choices, but with just one change I would do it again! I really enjoy the yellow seat belts and instruments adding a bit of colour to the agate grey interior, and to my eye it just works with the exterior blue and green.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Speedometer

All that said, for my first few drives it's the driving experience that stays with you. The car size is perfect for British roads, supple (PASM only), responsive, and so far each drive feels like an occassion. I did get the car ceramic coatied immediately, by Ed at Divine Detail (divinedetail.co.uk). Can't recommend the guy highly enough. You can see the results in the photos, using Kamikaze Miyabi and Zipang coatings...plus other protection for roof, wheels, glass, leather and interior.

I look forward to my first drive through Europe!

Registered
Congratulations. Absolutely love it and the Agate works well with the blue roof certainly different 馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Interestingly the agate grey interior colour was one of the choices I was advised against with the aventurine exterior, that and the blue roof.

Registered
Fabulous
I see you went for the GTS suffix. Is that from DVLA on the xxyy GTS format?
Something I鈥檓 thinking of, just a shame I wasn鈥檛 born in 71 otherwise xx71 GTS would be perfect

Registered
Thank you. Interestingly the agate grey interior colour was one of the choices I was advised against with the aventurine exterior, that and the blue roof.
I think the Aventurine looks good with the blue. Only thing I may have considered is swopping the yellow seat belts for blue or stick with black. But would need to see it. As I say looks great.

Registered
Congratulations! Would never have thought to couple Adventurine with a blue top. Besides looking fantastic, it鈥檚 definitely unique鈥ell done!

Reactions: Robsx

Registered
2021 Boxster
Welcome to our madness! About your color choice..... Whatever the others said..... Salt in a festering wound with this group! Your car looks stunning. Enjoy!

Registered
Congratulations!!! The car looks absolutely gorgeous and fully agree with the yellow seat belt. IMO getting these interior colour options is a must as they make the car that much extra special :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fabulous
I see you went for the GTS suffix. Is that from DVLA on the xxyy GTS format?
Something I鈥檓 thinking of, just a shame I wasn鈥檛 born in 71 otherwise xx71 GTS would be perfect
Yes - purchased directly from DVLA plate. I came across it just a few weeks before taking delivery of the car and thought 鈥榳hy not鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations!!! The car looks absolutely gorgeous and fully agree with the yellow seat belt. IMO getting these interior colour options is a must as they make the car that much extra special :)
Thank You鈥es one of my favourite things about the car is the yellow accents inside.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to our madness! About your color choice..... Whatever the others said..... Salt in a festering wound with this group! Your car looks stunning. Enjoy!
Thank you - the run in process is fun in itself; gentle and medium varied loads for a couple of thousand miles, before i finally get to find out what it鈥檚 really capable of.

Registered
AG is fast becoming one of my favourite colours for the current Porsche models, I鈥檝e seen it on a number of models now and I think it suits them all. I think it looks particularly good with satin black wheels, I wouldn鈥檛 be a fan of the blue roof, I honestly don鈥檛 think that works at all. But if you like it, that鈥檚 all that really matters.

Enjoy the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Love it! I bought new, but from stock so didn鈥檛 get to choose everything I wanted (but got most of it with a good discount;))
Good move, and no wait time presumably?
I went a bit OTT in the 鈥檛oy store鈥欌 think lockdown had something to do with my splurge. I waited a long time, the initial order was placed Sept. 鈥20; offered a build slot in December for late Jan delivery, but I passed on that, next slot was June, for early Aug delivery鈥he rest, as they say, is history 馃檪

Registered
718 Cayman GTS, Crayon
Good move, and no wait time presumably?
I went a bit OTT in the 鈥檛oy store鈥欌 think lockdown had something to do with my splurge. I waited a long time, the initial order was placed Sept. 鈥20; offered a build slot in December for late Jan delivery, but I passed on that, next slot was June, for early Aug delivery鈥he rest, as they say, is history 馃檪
Yes, got it 3 weeks after visiting the dealer! That was Mar 19.

Funny story鈥 so I went to the festival of speed, checked out the Cayman for my wife. Took her to the nearest Porsche dealer afterwards as her TT was due for a change. She鈥檚 a manual only girl. The first interaction with the sales guy was like 鈥榳hat are you looking at?鈥 鈥楢 Honda Civic type R or a Cayman鈥 (conversation shortened)
He actually sneered and said 鈥楲OL, you want a manual? Who the **** drives those now???鈥

Needless to say we walked out thinking what an a*se. If that鈥檚 what Porsche are like they can do one. Anyway, the principle at the next nearest Porsche garage is a guy that I bought a bunch of BMWs from, so when I started looking to replace my M4 I contacted him on LinkedIn. Long story short, I got the stock Cayman GTS from him and it was actually sourced from the garage with assh*le sales guy. It was kinda satisfying :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts