Porsche 718 Forum banner

Boxster T - Pictures

13K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  John_Y 
#1 ·
Admin - I tried to post this in the correct section (Porsche 718 news) but don't seem to have the privileges to start a new thread. Please move as appropriate

#15 ·
I have the sport plus seats with sportex material also. There is no stripe in it from memory but more of a pebble dash effect. They have the contrast silver stitching that extends across the whole of the interior that looks ace. I just love the look of the seats and was a must have option

Uzzi, I must have a better look at yours next time

#29 ·
Europe gets the 992 first and now the 718 T. The United States kind of gets hosed. I can only imagine the GT4 will also get a slow release here too. Long after Europe has them all over the place like a Honda Civic or VW Golf. lol

#32 ·
The T comes Standard with Sport Chrono, PASM Sport with 20mm drop (this is one of the big differences as this cannot be spec'd on a base model), PTV, 20" Carrera S wheels in a grey finish that is unique to the T and a few other bitts and pieces that are largely cosmetic.

#40 ·

Attachments

Reactions: Baka1969 and 4802
#44 · (Edited)
The Dino is very different to the 718T and 981 spyder. The 40 odd years separation between them is very telling from the driver's seat. The Dino was advanced for it's time with all round wishbone link suspension, disc brakes and a very compact transverse mid-mounted V6 with the 5 speed gearbox cleverly packaged below it to save space. It has no power steering, no ABS or ESC etc and relies upon twin Weber carb's instead of fuel injection. It rides beautifully with very compliant suspension soaking up a lot of roadsurface imperfections and has a decent turn of speed with the ability to cruise happily around 90 mph. Things like the lights and wipers are fairly terrible by modern standards but not an issue for a classic used on dry days. It has lots of character, makes a beautiful noise and attracts a lot of positive attention. The Porsches feel every bit the modern car in comparison. Speeds that would feel exciting in the Dino feel almost pedestrian by comparison in the Boxsters which deliver their thrills in a different way. They handle and steer much more precisely and offer a level of comfort and convenience that the Dino never had even when new. Both the Boxsters offer very different experiencies as the T is a 4 cylinder turbo with PDK whilst the spyder is a n/a 6 with a manual gearbox and it also has the folding bucket seats which add a very different dimension to the level of driving involvement. Add in the sound of the flat 6 when pusing on in spirited driving and the spyder is in a league of it's own for fun. I've owned a lot of 987 and 981 series models in both Boxster and Cayman form including the Cayman R, Cayman GTS and Cayman GT4 and I'd rate the 981 spyder at the top for road driving fun with the Cayman R not far behind.

#45 ·
Iain, your car looks great. Where in the uk are you as a number of us on this forum plus other 718 owners meet regularly for road trips, breakfast etc. The bulk of us are midlands based but go far afield as Kent and Manchester.

One of the owners has a Cayman T in silver and would be good to see the two of yours together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.