Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 718 BS is the first convertible I've owned so I don't know anything about how to maintain them.

What do folks use?

Thanks,
Fliz

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know what Boxster folks use. I used Raggtop cleaner and protectant on my Z4 during the 12 years I owned it and had excellent results. You can order online. FWIW.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Over the 12 years I had my 987 Boxster S, all I ever did for the top was wash it with the same premium wash as the rest of the car. It held up well....although being garage-kept undoubtedly helped a lot.

My new 718 top seemed to be collecting a lot of lint, esp. around the bottom edges. An ordinary lint-remover roller (just reverse-sided masking tape) is very effective.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I used Porsche Products on the 986, but not cause its better then anything else.
The Product VIdjc9 mentions above should be Ok Imo.

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
After watching too many videos:
Regular washing--a good spray of water, then dry with micro-fibre towel.
Dusting--horsehair brush gets the dust and 'bits' off and doesn't rough up the cloth; or lint roller.
Soap wash--(rarely) '303' fabric top cleaner.
Protect--(haven't used it yet, maybe once a year) '303' fabric protector.

The car is kept under cover and only rarely parked in the open. The top continues to look brand new after 4 months, 5000 Km.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There's a lot of tutorials and guides online, general consensus is to just wash it regularly unless there's mould in the cracks where the stitching is, then you need to go at it with a brush and a toothbrush for the harder to reach places. products may vary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts