Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Placed my order a week and a half ago, it's been the longest week and a half of this Covid isolation crap and I have 6 months to go. I've been watching all the videos on YouTube and am now watching them for a second and third time. That only makes the time go slower, I suppose I should turn my attention elsewhere, but it's hard to do since I have a Cayman as my desktop picture. Luckily I have my E46 M3 to thrash around in the meantime, which is a great sports car. I'm 65 and this will be my first Porsche. Ordered a Gentian Blue GTS 4.0 with GTS interior pkg with red stitching, beautiful. That's as close to a GT3 as I'm going to get. Ahh, dream car becoming reality, we are all truly fortunate. Maybe I should help Ted Cruz hand out water in Texas to take my mind off it.
Congratulates on your dream car! As with everything, time will pass quickly. That’s not to say I won’t be checking the co-pay on my medical insurance for the cost of consented medically induced comas. Although it may be a little safer assisting Ted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After viewing non-stop Porsche Cayman videos for the last two plus months, reading every imaginable 718 Forum, and slowly watching the next 110 days, 17 hours, and 47 minutes pass, I decided to join this forum. I get it...there are many more serious life and death issues facing many of those in society...but I want my Porsche **** it! How are others coping with the wait?
Not that I was waiting for a car for 5 months, but during the earlier Covid days with no vaccine on the immediate horizon, got bored inside, so bought my first musical instrument last May [Roland 704]. I have learned to play the piano [to a beginner's level]. Great way to spend 2 hours a day or so and time passes quickly. Found on-line SW to teach you to play and has lots of 3-4 minute songs you play at your own choice and level difficulty [Simply Piano] from many genres. There is an abundance of other SW, too.
Also have learned to do something I thought I missed out on growing up. Then bought a CS 5 months later from dealer stock. Sort of a flip-around from your situation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It’s actually not too terribly bad. Extremely fortunate that this is my one belly ache in life. Congratulations on the piano & the Cayman.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts