Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks everyone......... We have 5 days left to decide and are still going back and forth on the Sport Chrono, lol.

But now, we are rethinking our 2 way seats vs going with 14 way after reading your posts.

As soon as we are locked, I'll let you know which way we went.
First be sure to sit in each of the two seat options (Sport and Sport Seats Plus) before finalizing which to get, and then whether to get it fully powered (14/18-way) or not. I'm in the minority, but I will always pay up for the 18-way Sport Seats Plus for the support it provides and that I find missing from the 2/14-way Sport Seats.

I'll be curious to see which way you go with SC, and why. Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
222 Posts
I suggested YES SC with the PDK for all the above stated reasons and not sure if anyone mentioned resale will be easier with the SC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: the seats - the basic manual seats go the lowest... so if you're particularly tall, the manual seats are almost a requirement (IMO I'm 6'2 and with the 14-ways I always felt I sat "too tall" in the car... but with the basic manual seats, I could get a little lower).

BUT if you're sharing the car with your wife, power seats with memory is kind of a "must" IMO.

LED headlights are a "must" - sure, the HIDs work great but once you try a LED equipped car, you won't want to go back. LED is to HID, like HID is to Halogens.

Sport Chrono - doesn't sound like you'd really make much use of it. The "Individual" switch is nice if you're the guy who always wants "Sport" mode, etc. as it's fewer buttons to click-click-click every time you start the car. The car definitely feels a lot better in "Sport" but after a while, even I got used to the "normal" mode.

Sport+ with a PDK car means that unless you're in manual shift mode, the motor is going to be screaming the entire time. Outside of canyon screaming or track driving, Sport+ is obnoxious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You’ve made the call and locked things in.

I hope you reply and let us know what you got.

I was unsure about the SC and as I was buying second hand it was always going to be in the lap of the gods.

my second hand 718 had the SC and all I can say is that should I be speccing a new one then it would be top of the list.
It’s so worth it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts