Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve driven Boxsters since my early 20s, but have yet to own one. At 39 I thought it was high time I finally own one so I put my build in.

Options I chose:
GT Silver
Red Roadster Top
Agate Grey Leather -
Sport Seats Plus (2-Way)
GT Sport Steering Wheel
6 spd Manual
PASM
Sport Chrono Package
18” Boxster Wheels

Lane Change Assist
Fire Extinguisher
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Bose Surround System.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Window Motor vehicle

Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer White

Here is an old pic of me in a 2013 base Boxster in June of 2013 with my brother. My birthday and Father’s Day coincided that year and he rented me a Boxster from Enterprise Exotics at LAX for 24 hours. He passed in 2015, but it was an awesome happy memory with him. We had perma-grins on our face while cruising along the coast and canyon carving in Topanga Canyon. We traded off while canyon carving and with the top down and PASM in sport he thought it was better than any roller coaster.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful classy build...enjoy the process!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Looks great but, if I may, ditch the fire extinguisher as it takes too much room up in the passenger footwell (get one of the flare type for about $60) and add twin tail pipes.

Finishes the rear off nicely otherwise, lovely build.

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love my GT silver with the red top. Good call.
Thank you. The red top just looks right with the GT Silver. I didn’t like the look of a black, blue or brown top though. To each his own. The classic 718 had a red interior and the 25 years 718 Boxster edition has a red top and red leather interior.

The USA racing colors are blue with white stripes. The German racing color is silver like the Silberpfeile/Silver Arrows. Italy’s racing color is red, but does anyone know why classic silver Porsche’s had red interiors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great but, if I may, ditch the fire extinguisher as it takes too much room up in the passenger footwell (get one of the flare type for about $60) and add twin tail pipes.

Finishes the rear off nicely otherwise, lovely build.

Dan
Here is a photo from Porsche when the info button is clicked for the fire extinguisher.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Head restraint Tints and shades

I drove one recently and the passenger’s legs were much further forward, but hard to tell from one photo. Everything I find online shows photos of aftermarket setups. My salesman recommended it because a bracket in the US runs about $100.

Exhaust with the sport button is standard for US market builds. Does anyone know if the twin pipes sound better than the normal base version, or is it purely looks?

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,556 Posts
Not to complicate matters, but both Soul and Fabspeed sell twin pipes with unique designs that are different than the stock twin pipes. So, you would assume there are differences in the sounds each make and that those would all sound different than the single pipe outlet. Here is an interesting thread that might help. As yours will come stock with PSE, there may be minimal difference in sound. I added the dual tips because in the 1960s-1970s when I formed whatever gear-head prejudices I now have, dual exhaust pipes where THE thing to have. We are what we are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for posting the thread on exhaust tips. I’m keeping my build as is. I already put a lot of time and thought into it. From the thread it seems it is purely looks. Maybe it’s because the first Porsche I drove was a 1999 Boxster or maybe it’s because the Boxster prototype had a single exhaust, but I prefer the looks of the stock 718 Boxster exhaust on a base Boxster.

Now if I could afford a 718 Boxster 25 year edition, I wouldn’t mind the looks of the GTI/Jaguar F-type exhaust.
Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts