Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
I have a 2019 Boxster Base and I am really concerned about this design flaw and future possible failure.
Following
I think this issue is most prevalent in locations that have higher humidity, and thus, you see most of those reporting the issue live in the British Isles. So if you live in a humid place, you should be aware of this issue IMHO. I'm also wondering if, for those with the issue, if they use their cars as a DD?

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
I have a September 2016 Boxster 718 S 22,000 miles with exactly the same problem. Actuator stuck half open and the car has, 2 months ago, come out of warranty. So am waiting to see if Porsche are willing to help me out with the costs. £4K to replace it. If it is a design fault then they should issue a recall to fix the design issue.

I have always had Porsche main dealer service and look after the car with every little thing done by them.
Look at @MR69 ALB post on this page with his solution to the problem. I think it is also discussed elsewhere where something like this has been effective for restoring the waste gate actuator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts