Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i've been think about 718 cayman for some time and only recently been able to afford it.
The main problem i have is that the local dealership puts outrageous prices 15% over the stickerprice from germany + local taxes and customs.
Here is my calcutlations. The dealership offered 110.000€ for this

Also does anyone know how i would go about to ordering it myself?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Firstly, congratulations on your Cayman but I have to say those Custom CO2 charges and Taxes are positively outrageous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Firstly, congratulations on your Cayman but I have to say those Custom CO2 charges and Taxes are positively outrageous.
Welcome to iceland i guess. I know the taxes and customs suck but i have to live with those.
I made this thread about the best way to buy one in iceland and to see how badly the dealership is trying to **** me lol.
So what you think?
btw. i'm 6.3ft tall. 185 pounds. Do you think the sport seat plus would fit me and if so should i get the 18 way?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to iceland i guess. I know the taxes and customs suck but i have to live with those.
I made this thread about the best way to buy one in iceland and to see how badly the dealership is trying to **** me lol.
So what you think?
btw. i'm 6.3ft tall. 185 pounds. Do you think the sport seat plus would fit me and if so should i get the 18 way?
Regarding the seats: If you can I highly recommend you sit in both the 14 and 18 way. They are very different. Due to the inability of extending the seat cushion leg support on the 2 way sport and sport plus seats I would not recommend them for someone your height.

Regarding the taxes: I recommend you move or start a revolution. >:D

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Being from the USA I would never presume to advise anyone on the best way to go about the purchase of a Porsche in a foreign country. There are people on this forum that seem to profess expertise in the US Porsche experience based upon experience in their own country but that is, quite frankly, foolhardy. Hopefully, their are members from Iceland on this forum that can be more helpful and either post or PM you directly.

Regarding the 18-way seats they are quite comfortable and, in my opinion, more suitable for longer drives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. :)
Is it possible to buy it from USA dealership and pick it up without registering (thereby not paying us taxes) and import it directly then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts