Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now I only use Griot products. They are petroleum free. They have a web site with detailing instructions that can be used with any brand. I don't know how much I can say on this site but I have clear bra on 4 of my cars & Griot's works well. There Best Of Show Wax is hard to remove but looks fantastic. Put on 3 coats before removing. I use Poly Wax on the 2 daily drivers. If you have clear bra make sure to use petroleum free products. I have no affiliation with Griot's, just like what they sell & their customer service. Rick

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I only use Griot products. They are petroleum free. They have a web site with detailing instructions that can be used with any brand. I don't know how much I can say on this site but I have clear bra on 4 of my cars & Griot's works well. There Best Of Show Wax is hard to remove but looks fantastic. Put on 3 coats before removing. I use Poly Wax on the 2 daily drivers. If you have clear bra make sure to use petroleum free products. I have no affiliation with Griot's, just like what they sell & their customer service. Rick
Thanks Rick will explore those products and yes, as you stated, no Petroleum products on the PPF. I purchased and am waiting on Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax and will post as soon as I get a chance to use it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also use Griot's products as well and have been very happy for years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put on one coat in the morning and let it dry for a while. After lunch I put on coat #2 and let it dry over night. The next morning put on coat #3 & let it dry for a couple hours then hand wipe and hand buff. Spots that I think are requiring to much rubbing I spray a light misting of Speed Shine. Before doing any waxing I use Paint Cleaning Clay if needed. Lightly run your hand over the roof & trunks & if you feel bunps Clay it. I use the 3 inch and 6 inch orbital buffer. Rick

·
Registered
122 Posts
I too also use only products from Griot. It's waterless and works really well.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put on one coat in the morning and let it dry for a while. After lunch I put on coat #2 and let it dry over night. The next morning put on coat #3 & let it dry for a couple hours then hand wipe and hand buff. Spots that I think are requiring to much rubbing I spray a light misting of Speed Shine. Before doing any waxing I use Paint Cleaning Clay if needed. Lightly run your hand over the roof & trunks & if you feel bunps Clay it. I use the 3 inch and 6 inch orbital buffer. Rick

Three coats must shine like crazy; do you use the paste or liquid wax?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI, Suncoast has touch-up paint kit for Porsche silver wheels that can take care of the odd scratch or scrape. Seem like a nice kit to have handy as part of your car detailing armamentarium.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use the stuff from The Chemical Guys. When they have a sale it's great.
What standout products have you found....as I mentioned in another thread I like the Chemical Guys honeydew snow foam soap, and several other items as well especially some of their high GSM towels.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just tried the Meguiars Pinnacle series II carnauba wax and quite frankly I see no difference than with the Meguiars Xpress spray wax at $20 a gallon. The only value of Pinnacle is easy application but at $59.99 for a small jar it, IMO, is not worth it. Meguiars Xpress wax is also super easy to apply and a heck of allot cheaper.
I have ordered the Griot's liquid Best of show and I will report back after I use it.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
I like the Kitten Jet Black Endura Tire black. It's a flexible acrylic paint that lasts for many months and is a nice shiny finish and it washes up without washing off. Looks great with silver wheels.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What standout products have you found....as I mentioned in another thread I like the Chemical Guys honeydew snow foam soap, and several other items as well especially some of their high GSM towels.
Ah, I missed your post then. I used the Honeydew soap as well, clay lube from them or ONR depending on what's going on, and their butter wet wax. There are other products I'm looking to try, but haven't gotten around to it yet. For me a wash and wax is great, though I've been flirting with the idea of a wrap so I'm trying to not wax too much since the installer would need to get all of it off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
After acquiring my base 718 Boxster, I think I spent nearly the value of the car again on detailing products :eek::D

In all seriousness, I did drop $5K (ugh) on a full-frontal PPF treatment, plus the running boards and rear wheel arches...and Modesta on the entire car (on top of the PPF where applicable.) Plus Opti-Guard on the interior leather and front windshield.

I haven't actually had to wash the car once in the 7 weeks I've owned her. I just keep her garaged, under an interior cover, and once a week I use the waterless coating/film maintenance spray supplied to me by my PPF/ceramic coating shop. The wheels were also coated, so brake dust wipes right off with a damp microfiber.

That said, my go-to products (which I have used for years on my airplane, which basically has the same sort of exterior and interior finishes), are:

Interior leather:
Zaino Z-9 cleaner, Z-10 conditioner (you simply can't beat the scent, nor the ease of use)

Interior plastic:
Meguiar's ultimate shine wipes. A bit too shiny...but a quick wipedown with a dry microfiber helps reduce the over-glossiness.

Glass:
WashWax All Blue multipurpose waterless wash. Pretty much works on any surface. I mean, this stuff cleans literally anything, gently.

Exterior:
Custom detailing spray provided by my PPF/coating shop (Premier in Fremont, CA) for film and coating maintenance. Plus Reset PH-neutral shampoo (for the Modesta coating) when I do eventually have to wash her. Using the 2-bucket method, naturally...

Wax/ Polish: None needed (because of the Modesta coating.) On my other cars I use Meguiar's pure carnauba wax.

Tires: Adam's Tire Shine. Love how it smells exactly like a banana milkshake. Warning: If you have young kids, don't leave this lying around as I don't see how they could resist trying to drink it.

Wheel cleaner: None needed (the wheels were coated). I just use a damp microfiber to get rid of the brake dust.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Ok I use a mix.

Also love the Griots stuff. (Interior stuff and love their wax clothes and cleaning towels !!)

Also use products I get from Tulsa, Oklahoma at a place called
Detail Supply Warehouse
https://detailsupplywhse.com/

- Their Total Eclipse is easy on easy off carnuba...
- The have some stronger wax - that I use ever 3-4 months - but the above Total Eclipse I do probably every other weekend...its easy - and easy to get off in the heat of Texas.

BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE - Because every day at Dell or Apple I get a thin layer of dust on my car.
I use this every night!! Spray on wipe off... I have to use this because our water is hard here and leaves spots...so can't hand wash.

Chemical Guys Eco Smart - Waterless Car Wash
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U53JYG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Love it !!

Reactions: Porsche2018
1 - 20 of 218 Posts