Porsche 718 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
any updates on this? definitely interested for that extra downforce. also it looks awesome! they quoted me march for the double sided carbon fiber fenders. not badly priced but i want to see how the quality is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unfortunately still waiting. Was originally supposed to be mid February, then early March.. hoping for an update this week. I will say, my shop has said communication with them has been a bit rough. But if the product is good, it will have been worth the wait.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do 718 Boxsters have buffeting issues that require the triangular corner pieces from AWE? I've only had our BS up to 118 mph at H2R, but expect far higher speeds at COTA in April...perhaps 150+.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do 718 Boxsters have buffeting issues that require the triangular corner pieces from AWE? I've only had our BS up to 118 mph at H2R, but expect far higher speeds at COTA in April...perhaps 150+.
You’ll get it at like 50mph if it affects your car. Also what event are you doing? I’ll be there March 27 and 28

·
Registered
772 Posts
You’ll get it at like 50mph if it affects your car. Also what event are you doing? I’ll be there March 27 and 28
I have yet to experience any significant buffeting to this point. That said, I only track with the driver's side window open. On street, the windows are either both down (top down) or both up (top up or down).

Planning on the Austin Schnell Fest scheduled for April 9-11, provided I get in when registration opens on Friday at noon (ClubReg). We'll have to meet up if you do the Schnell Fest. Had to pass on the Edge Addicts HPDE, as I was already committed to the Longhorn PCA HPDE at H2R on the 27th

Out of curiousity, what top speed are you hitting on the long straight at COTA?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have yet to experience any significant buffeting to this point. That said, I only track with the driver's side window open. On street, the windows are either both down (top down) or both up (top up or down).

Planning on the Austin Schnell Fest scheduled for April 9-11, provided I get in when registration opens on Friday at noon (ClubReg). We'll have to meet up if you do the Schnell Fest. Had to pass on the Edge Addicts HPDE, as I was already committed to the Longhorn PCA HPDE at H2R on the 27th

Out of curiousity, what top speed are you hitting on the long straight at COTA?
You’d get it even with both windows down. Feels like your head is bouncing around.

I do 143 on the back stretch with my softronic tune.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You’d get it even with both windows down. Feels like your head is bouncing around.

I do 143 on the back stretch with my softronic tune.
Was hoping to hit 150, but probably won't hit 140 without a tune. Regardless, look forward to meeting you in person at an event in the near future!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
ha... mine just shipped from suncoast. Install pretty straight forward?
super easy as the 718 is much easier than the 981. we don't have to remove the doors which is nice. just the little triangle piece that pops out from the bottom with a plastic tool.l than remove the screw holding the foil in place. swap the new one it and that's pretty much it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Was hoping to hit 150, but probably won't hit 140 without a tune. Regardless, look forward to meeting you in person at an event in the near future!
Yeah, you gotta have a pretty beefy car to hit over 150. My friend's GT3 will do 155 and that's got 100+ more horsepower than me. Look forward to meeting you as well!

Have you measured your 100-200kph time with the softtronic? Seems to be a good benchmark of performance.
Nope. It's a fast tune judging from previous tunes or no tune and getting down the back stretch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
have you gotten an update from your shop?

Unfortunately still waiting. Was originally supposed to be mid February, then early March.. hoping for an update this week. I will say, my shop has said communication with them has been a bit rough. But if the product is good, it will have been worth the wait.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Last I heard they are supposed to arrive on the 15th. The shop is doing some other work so I’ll be dropping the car off regardless on that day. I’ve told them that if they haven’t arrived by the time they are done with the other work, that I’d like to cancel the order.

The whole process has left a sour taste in my mouth, and it’s no fault of the shops. Just the company providing the fenders.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Last I heard they are supposed to arrive on the 15th. The shop is doing some other work so I’ll be dropping the car off regardless on that day. I’ve told them that if they haven’t arrived by the time they are done with the other work, that I’d like to cancel the order.

The whole process has left a sour taste in my mouth, and it’s no fault of the shops. Just the company providing the fenders.
that sux! i plan on ordering mine here soon. tho i'm not in a rush to get them on

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good news! The fenders exist. My shop called me to explain some issues though:
1. Nine of the tabs are drilled, which could be good or bad, but either way will likely add some cost from the body shop.
2. The carbon fiber inlays need to be glued into place, once again not a big deal, but added cost.

These things could have been missed by me on the website, but I figured I would spell it out here for parties interested. It’s absolutely not a ‘receive and fit’ product. Some assembly required.

I’ll update later with the fitment/if I am going to continue once the body shop gets a proper look.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Good news! The fenders exist. My shop called me to explain some issues though:
1. Nine of the tabs are drilled, which could be good or bad, but either way will likely add some cost from the body shop.
2. The carbon fiber inlays need to be glued into place, once again not a big deal, but added cost.

These things could have been missed by me on the website, but I figured I would spell it out here for parties interested. It’s absolutely not a ‘receive and fit’ product. Some assembly required.

I’ll update later with the fitment/if I am going to continue once the body shop gets a proper look.
wow that's just crazy! i thought the fenders were already ready to go for paint? that just means i need to pay more to the paint shop for additional work which kinda sucks really. so if you could elaborate on the tabs. can you explain what you mean drilled? and i'm assuming the cf inlays are separate and is placed on top of where it needs to go with glue?

41 - 60 of 102 Posts