Porsche 718 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Most aftermarket panels and even OEM, will not be ready for paint right from factory; you could just paint it but the outcome will look horrible.
The CF inlay most probably goes on the inside and needs to be glued in place from what I can see, looking at the photos. Not that big of a deal, as you would only need to get some autobody panel bonding adhesive, or more simple 2 part epoxy if you feel like living dangerously.

wow that's just crazy! i thought the fenders were already ready to go for paint? that just means i need to pay more to the paint shop for additional work which kinda sucks really. so if you could elaborate on the tabs. can you explain what you mean drilled? and i'm assuming the cf inlays are separate and is placed on top of where it needs to go with glue?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Most aftermarket panels and even OEM, will not be ready for paint right from factory; you could just paint it but the outcome will look horrible.
The CF inlay most probably goes on the inside and needs to be glued in place from what I can see, looking at the photos. Not that big of a deal, as you would only need to get some autobody panel bonding adhesive, or more simple 2 part epoxy if you feel like living dangerously.
I'm guessing putting the cf inlays after the fender has been prepped and painted would be easier. That way before the clear is added the inlays would than be installed than clear coated after

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yamino is right! I didn’t really realize the amount of prep that would go into preparing them after ordering them, so I just wanted to share my experience.

Still waiting to hear from the body shop about how the fitment/quality is but I do know they are on the job so we should know soon.

If the quality is good, I’ll be happy. But overall I’d probably not deal with the company again simply due to their communication.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yamino is right! I didn’t really realize the amount of prep that would go into preparing them after ordering them, so I just wanted to share my experience.

Still waiting to hear from the body shop about how the fitment/quality is but I do know they are on the job so we should know soon.

If the quality is good, I’ll be happy. But overall I’d probably not deal with the company again simply due to their communication.
will your shop take pictures and send them to you as far as the process goes?

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have decided to not put on the fenders. The shop said the quality was horrible, porous, and overall fitment was less than perfect.
Your product may vary, but this is what I came across.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We have decided to not put on the fenders. The shop said the quality was horrible, porous, and overall fitment was less than perfect.
This is the quality of soooo many aftermarket body parts, sadly. Gotta be careful what you buy.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That's disappointing, where did these fenders come from?

I saw these one's a while back on Renlist which seem to be good quality going by the reviews but somewhat expensive. I think they could make 718 versions when I asked a while ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
CMST was the company @Thehobbithouse ordered from. I wonder if the full carbon would be any different.

That's disappointing, where did these fenders come from?

I saw these one's a while back on Renlist which seem to be good quality going by the reviews but somewhat expensive. I think they could make 718 versions when I asked a while ago.

·
Registered
2017 Cayman S
20 Posts
Man so sorry to hear that. Hopefully the company you purchased them from will send you new ones or issue some type of refund. Not sure if I’d risk even trying some replacements from them though.
Good luck!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
how about where the holes had to be drilled? any issues there? i know fitment isn't always gonna be perfect but usually really good body shops can figure it out...not saying that your body shop isn't good lol! i sent an email to the seller asking questions regarding your situation because i'm coming close to ordering my fenders soon and now i'm on hold because of this. any more pictures bud of the overall fender in place? i'd like to see how the gaps look from a distance and if you have any other additional shots? how do the carbon fiber inlays look to you? did those fit in place or did they have issues with those fitting properly? appreciate it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
how about where the holes had to be drilled? any issues there? i know fitment isn't always gonna be perfect but usually really good body shops can figure it out...not saying that your body shop isn't good lol! i sent an email to the seller asking questions regarding your situation because i'm coming close to ordering my fenders soon and now i'm on hold because of this. any more pictures bud of the overall fender in place? i'd like to see how the gaps look from a distance and if you have any other additional shots? how do the carbon fiber inlays look to you? did those fit in place or did they have issues with those fitting properly? appreciate it!
That fender did not fit in any way shape or form, it wouldn’t be going anywhere near my vehicle either, you will transform your car into a cocked up piece of **** that will look like it’s been involved in a head on collision, the way the fender does not line up with the rocker panel and sticks out as it’s too long and would scream out insurance write off to anyone looking or admirers passing by.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't attest to the fitment of where the holes had to be drilled. All in all my shop said the fitment was just poor, and quality of the actual material was crap. Bad enough that the guy said he didn't want his shop to be associated with it. The guy was incredibly transparent.

I took the gamble, and I lost. Things may be different for whatever product you receive, but I will not be moving forward with them, and certainly won't be ordering anything else from them.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts