Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, I need more pictures. This is on the show room floor at the dealership the day I picked her up, August 29th, 2017;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here's our 2018 base Cayman we picked it up at PEC last December.

Just plain white and with only one option (PDK). We call her "Plain Jane".

Now has 3600 miles and is a treat to drive.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here is Brooklyn with her new shoes. Next mod will be my mod4cars install. Wash, clay and ceramic coating this weekend.

Rippey

Reactions: aeronca65tl

·
Registered
105 Posts
Question guys
Ive just ordered a cayman T in white
Im wondering should I change it to the carrera white metallic
I saw both colors in the showroom they look identical unless you really almost press your nose to the paint then you see the glittery metallic effect
Any other differences?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I might be wrong but always thought metallic paint was more durable as it has more layers. + The light reflects better off metallic paints.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They do make a good pair! Although, it's time to sell the 914 as the pair mean that my wife's spot in the garage is gone and she's unimpressed by how much I like the 718's heated steering wheel in the winter...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thx guys for your replies
Looks like ill stick with the plain white since the metallic requires another 2500 dollars in my country... and the difference isn’t that big

·
Registered
756 Posts
Question guys
Ive just ordered a cayman T in white
Im wondering should I change it to the carrera white metallic
I saw both colors in the showroom they look identical unless you really almost press your nose to the paint then you see the glittery metallic effect
Any other differences?
Carrara (note correct spelling) White is a very cool white withe hint of blue/silver and yes, the metallic flakes are very fine. In a way it reminds me of snow. Whereas the standard White is slightly softer, warmer and obviously solid. It reminds me of full cream milk.

The lighting in this pic isn't great but will give you an idea. Carrarra White is on the left.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Carrara (note correct spelling) White is a very cool white withe hint of blue/silver and yes, the metallic flakes are very fine. In a way it reminds me of snow. Whereas the standard White is slightly softer, warmer and obviously solid. It reminds me of full cream milk.

The lighting in this pic isn't great but will give you an idea. Carrarra White is on the left.
Looks like the carrera white metallic is also a bit less white

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks like the carrera white metallic is also a bit less white
Metallic colours will always be less 'pure' than their solid counterparts, as the metallic flakes need to be in more than one colour to create the metallic effect. If they were all the same colour it would effectively be a solid colour. For example Jet Black Metallic has blue flakes that give it a slight blue cast when compared to a flat black. The same goes for Carrara White Metallic.

I was at a Porsche Club Meet on Sunday and was parked next to a white 997, I believe it was Carrara White (the previous non-metallic version which is very different to the current metallic version). It made my car look like it had a silvery-grey colour cast, which in comparison to a solid white it does. This difference was very noticeable when the two were side by side. I have some pictures on another computer that I can post if you are interested.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Metallic colours will always be less 'pure' than their solid counterparts, as the metallic flakes need to be in more than one colour to create the metallic effect. If they were all the same colour it would effectively be a solid colour. For example Jet Black Metallic has blue flakes that give it a slight blue cast when compared to a flat black. The same goes for Carrara White Metallic.

I was at a Porsche Club Meet on Sunday and was parked next to a white 997, I believe it was Carrara White (the previous non-metallic version which is very different to the current metallic version). It made my car look like it had a silvery-grey colour cast, which in comparison to a solid white it does. This difference was very noticeable when the two were side by side. I have some pictures on another computer that I can post if you are interested.
Thx for the insight yes would be great if you can post them
At the dealer when comparing two color samples side by side the difference is noted even if marginally but when compared even 20 centimeters apart the difference subsides
Will be interesting to see your pics 🙏🏼

1 - 20 of 35 Posts