Porsche 718 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
This makes me laugh because I have a billion options but not PTV. (shakes fist at you for upselling) Sales guy actually, of all items, suggested against PTV if I won't track. I might autocross but no track. Is PTV just going to kill my brake pads too soon w little benefit? I am open to being convinced to get it, so pls share any views, everyone, so I can decide by order freeze in 3 weeks. I can't toggle it on/off if I didn't like it.
If it helps, I have a well optioned S similar to your build. I included PTV and am happy to have it. Happy to know it's there when I need it, and haven't found it to have had any substantive impact on brake wear as my DD.

·
Registered
791 Posts
It is not as effective in the 718 as to justify the price difference. However, I am absolutely glad I got it. With well recorded music the treble high end is awesome and it can produce enough bass to make a really solidly built car start to rattle. Even with XM/Sirius it is significantly better than Bose. I plan on keeping my car 6+ years and if you love a good stereo you will always reget "what if" if that option is not selected.
Does it perform as well as the $6k system I had put in my Ridgeline? No. Am I glad I got it? Yes. Because I wasn't about to let some shop experiment on my car, especially with MOST150 newness. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
OK - I have until Jan 31 finalize, per my SA... Although my V250 "vehicle fixed" date is in April.

Anyway, I am no fan of the gray tach dial. What do people think about beige or guards red dials?? Not sure white, or other colors would work. Help me out here! o_O

I notice the beige has dark numbers, while red has white numbers. How does that work w/ the orange dial, or seeing all the icons or anything else I am not considering...

The beige dials may work as there is contrast beige stitching per full leather option? Or it may be too much beige? Red dials might be sportier along w/ carbon fibre trim? And red is slightly faster...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Anything but the grey dials. They make everything invisible in bright sunlight!

Personally, from what I see I would choose the beige, but you will be seeing more of the body, so... If you chose Guards Red for the body color, go for Guards Red dials. If not... You pays your moneys, and you takes your chances...

·
Registered
524 Posts
OK - I have until Jan 31 finalize, per my SA... Although my V250 "vehicle fixed" date is in April.

Anyway, I am no fan of the gray tach dial. What do people think about beige or guards red dials?? Not sure white, or other colors would work. Help me out here! o_O

I notice the beige has dark numbers, while red has white numbers. How does that work w/ the orange dial, or seeing all the icons or anything else I am not considering...

The beige dials may work as there is contrast beige stitching per full leather option? Or it may be too much beige? Red dials might be sportier along w/ carbon fibre trim? And red is slightly faster...

View attachment 25169
View attachment 25170
Ok, you asked, so I'll give you my opinion. I would go with the beige dials, or black. Not red. In fact, in my opinion, you have too much going on with the carbon trim. If it were me, I'd choose either black or beige leather trim over the carbon, and black (if available), or beige dials. If the exterior is white, I might actually prefer white dials to bring it all together.

Please don't take any offense with what I've written. It's only my opinion. It's your money and it'll be your car. You should have just the way you want it!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Ok, you asked, so I'll give you my opinion. I would go with the beige dials, or black. Not red. In fact, in my opinion, you have too much going on with the carbon trim. If it were me, I'd choose either black or beige leather trim over the carbon, and black (if available), or beige dials. If the exterior is white, I might actually prefer white dials to bring it all together.

Please don't take any offense with what I've written. It's only my opinion. It's your money and it'll be your car. You should have just the way you want it!

View attachment 25171
Haha. I take no offense at all, first off. Everyone has different tastes. I just want to bounce ideas around. I appreciate anyone who bothers spending their free time to help me decide from this never-ending options list. (Black dials, though, NOT being on that list - why??)

Leather was actually my initial trim preference for a long while. (The default "gloss-silver" trim did not quite work nestled between black and beige, IMO. And since I was OK with spending on options, I had to pick something else.)

But then I was at the dealer and peered into a 911. It had carbon fiber interior trim and it just looked stellar, to me at least. The configurator does no justice to seeing it live. A sporty 3D shimmery checkerboard under gloss.

With the flashiness of the carbon fiber I think I may indeed pick the beige dials. Red dials might be just one-to-many additional color / texture in the mix. If I had all-black leather, the white dials would be the way to go.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Haha. I take no offense at all, first off. Everyone has different tastes. I just want to bounce ideas around. I appreciate anyone who bothers spending their free time to help me decide from this never-ending options list. (Black dials, though, NOT being on that list - why??)

... Crazy if they've dropped the black dials!

Leather was actually my initial trim preference for a long while. (The default "gloss-silver" trim did not quite work nestled between black and beige, IMO. And since I was OK with spending on options, I had to pick something else.)

... I agree.

But then I was at the dealer and peered into a 911. It had carbon fiber interior trim and it just looked stellar, to me at least. The configurator does no justice to seeing it live. A sporty 3D shimmery checkerboard under gloss.

With the flashiness of the carbon fiber I think I may indeed pick the beige dials. Red dials might be just one-to-many additional color / texture in the mix.

... My thinking exactly.

If I had all-black leather, the white dials would be the way to go.

... I owned a black on black 987 S. White dials were standard at the time. They definitely made a statement in an otherwise all black car.

Good luck with your selections! (As far as appearance options are concerned, you picked one the one I like the most - painted side intakes. I'm partial to painted headlight washers too.)

·
Premium Member
857 Posts

View attachment 25169
View attachment 25170
Maybe yellow?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Maybe yellow?
I clicked on Racing Yellow (is that the name?) and it just conflicts WAY too much w/ the beige. They are too close, like yellow and orange. Would never work. But w/ all black, very possibly!

Reactions: HooosierDaddy

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the brushed aluminium trim option in mine, to go along with my full leather agate grey.

I really like that aluminium trim, its a nice subtle touch and I found the standard silver very plasticy lookey. And it is also more fingerprint proof.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I have the brushed aluminium trim option in mine, to go along with my full leather agate grey.

I really like that aluminium trim, its a nice subtle touch and I found the standard silver very plasticy lookey. And it is also more fingerprint proof.
I do not see brushed aluminum (aluminium?) option in US config.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
May I suggest chalk and black? Very elegant on my Boxster and probably easier to match with other gauge face colors. View attachment 25173
Appreciate that suggestion, but I like the warm beige. Maybe only slightly less markable? Chalk is nice, but not something I can live w/ long term. (Like chalk exterior color.)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
After this potential GPF (gasoline particulate filter) addition damaging performance and also the NA6 engine arriving, it is a bit disappointing to say the least on this 2020 build. More so for the former than latter. I won't track it, so the turbo daily power is better in my case, than seeking to hit high RPMs. It is my first Porsche so sound doesn't exactly matter.

I am buying this car for non-quantitative joy of driving, cornering, optimal weight and mid-engine, yes, but still seeing a 0-60 drop by half a second is still kind of demoralizing. Perhaps tuning and swapping the muffler is a future option. Guess I am even more glad I went w/ the S!

Change is inevitable. A small, mid-engine, two-seater Porsche w/ a stick will still be a delight and rarity amongst EVs / hybrids. First world problems. Adding the Burmester is looking even better. No regulations on music enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you travel to Laguna Beach, CA, the city is a smoke and noise free zone and you WILL be cited!!
Big brother at her best :cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I want to re-state that with this GTS 4.0 addition AND the dumb particulate filter that is damaging the speed of the base and S models, I am considering cancelling my order. This is so disappointing. I was unable to place my 2019 order, and now I get to pay for a slower car in the few months before the GTS 4.0 becomes an option.

Wait on a 718, delayed, new 718 available that is slower, while I get to see the flat-6 show up.

Part of this point for me was to get a car I would be happy with for a decade or more. Why custom build something if I'm just going to be disappointed? Why bother?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Would you concider a GTS 4.0 ? If so maybe not a bad idea to wait up and try it ?

By the look of it, the 2019 models also have that problem and I didn't even notice even so I am driving mine pretty much every days in the past 10 months, that doesnt change my enjoyment of the car. She is still crazy good, Im sure I ll be happy with her for a decade or more.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts