Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally locked my spec in today for a Late July delivery I have not gone overboard with options but happy with my choices and looking forward to collection now !!

Base Cayman in White
Manual
718 logo in black
Sports Chrono
20" Carrera S wheels - Satin black
Tyre compound/pump
PDLS headlights
GT sport steering wheel - multifunction
Electric folding mirrors - courtesy light
Cruise control
Smoking package
passenger footwell net.

I would have loved to have optioned much more but had to stop somewhere, I am very happy with what I have gone for.

:D:D:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great choice POB. I really like the Cayman in White. I have been tempted to change mine later this year, but playing on the configurator it's easy to get carried away.

You will love it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Finally locked my spec in today for a Late July delivery I have not gone overboard with options but happy with my choices and looking forward to collection now !!

Base Cayman in White
Manual
718 logo in black
Sports Chrono
20" Carrera S wheels - Satin black
Tyre compound/pump
PDLS headlights
GT sport steering wheel - multifunction
Electric folding mirrors - courtesy light
Cruise control
Smoking package
passenger footwell net.

I would have loved to have optioned much more but had to stop somewhere, I am very happy with what I have gone for.

:D:D:D
Perfect!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations! That sounds like an awesome build. POB718, do you have an expected timeline for the build and delivery?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers all very excited !! I ordered end of April and locked spec today I’ve been advised should arrive end of July beginning of August that’s all I know at the moment not sure how the process works from now going forward assume I’ll get updates from the dealers.

It’s the first new Porsche I’ve ordered so all new to me.

I have had 3 previous Porsches but all used. I’ve had a 986 boxter 2.7 and a 987 gen2 boxter 2.9 PDK and a 997 gen 1 carrera S 3.8

I have had other cars in between but always knew I’d be back in a Porsche 1 day 😁

·
Registered
20 Posts
That’s amazing. I hope PAG can stay on schedule with the orders. I will check with my SA next week to see the status of my Cayman. All the best!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cheers all very excited !! I ordered end of April and locked spec today I’ve been advised should arrive end of July beginning of August that’s all I know at the moment not sure how the process works from now going forward assume I’ll get updates from the dealers.

It’s the first new Porsche I’ve ordered so all new to me.

I have had 3 previous Porsches but all used. I’ve had a 986 boxter 2.7 and a 987 gen2 boxter 2.9 PDK and a 997 gen 1 carrera S 3.8

I have had other cars in between but always knew I’d be back in a Porsche 1 day 😁
Hi POB, and congratulations. Just a possible warning - I locked my spec down in early April but got the e-mail last week that delivery has been delayed by two months due to lack of chips etc. Hope this doesn't happen to you but don't go booking any road-trips until you have confirmation (unlike me :cautious: )

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
57 Posts
well done - and fingers crossed - I am scheduled for delivery 13th August, so hoping for no delays!

·
Registered
718 CB / GT silver - 2019 vintage
50 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Some great folks here. Your spec sounds like a dream. Looking forward to your intro post update - with eye candy!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like you were lucky to get an early delivery date. I enquired with an OPC yesterday about a factory build base Cayman and was told I was looking at 2022 for delivery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have had word from the dealership this week that my Cayman expected delivery date at the dealership is now 13th August fingers crossed it should be arriving before the summer ends. Here's hoping !

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
311 Posts
I have had word from the dealership this week that my Cayman expected delivery date at the dealership is now 13th August fingers crossed it should be arriving before the summer ends. Here's hoping !
And the name of this new beauty? I'd have to go with "Ghost". Sounds like the timeline is firming up. Well done and enjoy years and years of a great ride.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great news! You are going to LOVE it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
And the name of this new beauty? I'd have to go with "Ghost". Sounds like the timeline is firming up. Well done and enjoy years and years of a great ride.
Hola, Raven. How was your first week with Bumblebee? I absolutely love our new Cayman. Can’t walk by it in the garage without saying out load how beautiful she is.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
311 Posts
Hola, Raven. How was your first week with Bumblebee? I absolutely love our new Cayman. Can’t walk by it in the garage without saying out load how beautiful she is.
Like you BAD I'm spending a great deal of time opening the garage door and peeking inside to make sure I'm not dreaming! What a ride these babies are.... I've driven and owned many different "sports" cars over the ages, even Porsches'. There is something different about these new 718's. The way they fit you, the driver. The way the suspension eats the road for lunch. The way it corners. The brakes just work; the car isn't dipping or sliding to a stop. And, like you said, it just looks "right." Speaking of "looks" it is definitely a head-spinner. Lots of thumbs pointing upward. Lots of grins. Some fist pumps. Yeah, one week in and lovin' it! We did good my friend......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts