Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just wondering if anyone thinks there will be a lot of consumer interest in the Boxster and Cayman T models? Will there be a huge price spread between this model and the GTS? I wonder how many people will actually choose the turbo setup over the flat 6.

·
Registered
687 Posts

You will find part of your answer above and a quick check of the Porsche NA site.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm the last person anyone should ask for prognostications on what consumers will like, but I can offer my own opinion.

Had it been out two years ago I might have considered it. When I first saw the specs I thought it odd that Porsche chose the 2.0L engine for a lightened model with performance options. But it has its advantages over the 2.5L without giving away anything for non-track use. With the larger tank, the T becomes a serious "T for touring" car for long trips yet still offers enhanced performance. It's an own-just-one/do-it-all car. Back in the old days I would zip around in my mid-priced sports car with a feeling of superiority but also think nothing of filling it up and driving off to visit friends 200 miles away. Nowadays the performance is better, the distances longer, but the goal is the same. The T fits that role.

The only question about the T is whether I would have selected all those options individually. The T's supposed advantage is that you get all that stuff for a lower price. If you don't want a particular feature, then maybe the price is nothing special. Since I intend to keep my Cayman for many years the question is moot for now.

Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
914 Posts
Not helpful, but like Jim, the question for me is moot. Not sure who will go first, me or my base Cayman. Well, getting in and out of the car may be the deciding factor, but then, I might get the dang thing bronzed!

Reactions: jimmuller

·
Registered
70 Posts
Base car is a very nice car with performance well beyond the ability's of most drivers.

No bragging rights about all the options but price is right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I was in the market right now... I would be all over the T. The T has all the important options; the wheels, sport steering wheel, exhaust tips, suspension, and driver electronics. I currently have the Base model and it rips. (I'm not sure you could really drive much faster on the back roads) I know the 718 gets lots of hate because of the sound; Totally annoying. The flat 6 sounds great, but I like the character of the T4 for backroad driving (I'm not sure I want to be driving around at redline all afternoon). Maybe if the 981 sounded like a Ducati with Teramagoni exhaust I would buy into the sound argument.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I was in the market right now... I would be all over the T. The T has all the important options; the wheels, sport steering wheel, exhaust tips, suspension, and driver electronics.
I went to Porsche Configurator and I can tell that a Base with the T options is considerable more expensive.
If I would be in the market for new model, I would go for sure for the T as it is my kind of setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts