Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
First: Welcome to the forum.

Now: The right answer is whatever YOU think is best. Our opinions and tastes really shouldn't matter. Color choices aren't 0-60 times or torque figures.
Agree the 718's have phenomenal power, and are incredible machines........need to keep those speeds in check. I don't need to get anywhere near the 4200rpm limit to get myself in trouble.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I liked the color combination so much I bought one!
For anybody interested in GT silver, I suggest you see it in person. I, for one, have never been able to get a good photo of my GT silver 718. I just can't capture the depth of the paint nor how it enhances the lines of the car. It literally seems to glow in sunlight. Photos make it look flat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am seriously considering this interior combination myself for either Agate or Silver. I have also thought about a full Bordeaux Red but am leaning more towards the black/red. My last two Caymans have been Black/Luxor and Mahogany Metallic/Luxor. If the latter combination were still available, that would be in strong contention. But, it is not so I am looking for another contrasting combination that is pleasing (to my eye.....).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am seriously considering this interior combination myself for either Agate or Silver. I have also thought about a full Bordeaux Red but am leaning more towards the black/red. My last two Caymans have been Black/Luxor and Mahogany Metallic/Luxor. If the latter combination were still available, that would be in strong contention. But, it is not so I am looking for another contrasting combination that is pleasing (to my eye.....).

There are 2 Black/Bordeaux interiors. Partial leather (2-tone) and full leather. I liked the 2-tone...but fell in love with the full leather. I ordered mine with GT Silver. It just arrived at the port this morning. Hoping to take delivery late this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Of the two Red variants @lajoiedp posted I like option one more. Full red is a bit to Red even for me.........:laugh:
Option 2 was Black/Bordeaux all leather. Option one was 2-tone partial leather. Full red is shown below (also all leather). I agree, full red is too much red.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was able to find what I've been told to be somewhat rare in a Boxster, Guard Red with 1/4 Bordeaux Red interior. It took me a few months but I was lucky to find it about 2hrs away from my house.

I added all the carbon fiber trim and the Bordeaux Red/ CF flat bottom steering wheel. She looks amazing

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
751 Posts
I was able to find what I've been told to be somewhat rare in a Boxster, Guard Red with 1/4 Bordeaux Red interior. It took me a few months but I was lucky to find it about 2hrs away from my house.

I added all the carbon fiber trim and the Bordeaux Red/ CF flat bottom steering wheel. She looks amazing

View attachment 26209
Dig that steering wheel! Is that from Suncoast, or what did it take you to make that happen?

Reactions: BB718

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not from Suncoast, it was a special order that took 7 weeks.

But someone reached out to me and told me they can get it done in 3 weeks and 1 week for shipping

I can find the info if you need it, just send me a pm

·
Registered
36 Posts
I liked the color combination so much I bought one!
I love the look of your car. The combo Black/ Bordeaux sport seats are perfect for my needs. I don't want to go for the very expensive, full Black/ Bordeaux sport seat plus leather option. Is the exterior color GT Silver or another Silver. Thanks. Your car is gorgeous. Enjoy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One thing you'll always hear on the forum is "see it in person".......and this is SO true. Every 718 I see in person looks better in person - inside and out. If you find a color scheme online or in the Porsche configurator that you like, do your best to see it at your local dealer. You may like it even more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts