Porsche 718 Forum banner

Cayman black/bordeaux red interior is good?

20648 Views 27 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Graustark
Is best?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
For what colour car?

I bought a beautiful racing yellow Boxster and the red would have been hideous.

Greg
Reactions: 1
First: Welcome to the forum.

Now: The right answer is whatever YOU think is best. Our opinions and tastes really shouldn't matter. Color choices aren't 0-60 times or torque figures.
Reactions: 2
I have the full leather black/red bordeaux and it is really beautiful with my GT silver 718 Boxster S. Silver/red is a classic Porsche combo.
Reactions: 5
Great minds think alike.;) Black/red bordeaux is a fantastic combination with GT Silver!!!
Reactions: 3
First: Welcome to the forum.

Now: The right answer is whatever YOU think is best. Our opinions and tastes really shouldn't matter. Color choices aren't 0-60 times or torque figures.
Agree the 718's have phenomenal power, and are incredible machines........need to keep those speeds in check. I don't need to get anywhere near the 4200rpm limit to get myself in trouble.
I liked the color combination so much I bought one!

Attachments

See less See more
For anybody interested in GT silver, I suggest you see it in person. I, for one, have never been able to get a good photo of my GT silver 718. I just can't capture the depth of the paint nor how it enhances the lines of the car. It literally seems to glow in sunlight. Photos make it look flat.
Thanks for sharing. I am seriously considering this interior combination myself for either Agate or Silver. I have also thought about a full Bordeaux Red but am leaning more towards the black/red. My last two Caymans have been Black/Luxor and Mahogany Metallic/Luxor. If the latter combination were still available, that would be in strong contention. But, it is not so I am looking for another contrasting combination that is pleasing (to my eye.....).
Thanks for sharing. I am seriously considering this interior combination myself for either Agate or Silver. I have also thought about a full Bordeaux Red but am leaning more towards the black/red. My last two Caymans have been Black/Luxor and Mahogany Metallic/Luxor. If the latter combination were still available, that would be in strong contention. But, it is not so I am looking for another contrasting combination that is pleasing (to my eye.....).

There are 2 Black/Bordeaux interiors. Partial leather (2-tone) and full leather. I liked the 2-tone...but fell in love with the full leather. I ordered mine with GT Silver. It just arrived at the port this morning. Hoping to take delivery late this week.

Attachments

See less See more
Of the two Red variants @lajoiedp posted I like option one more. Full red is a bit to Red even for me.........:laugh:
Of the two Red variants @lajoiedp posted I like option one more. Full red is a bit to Red even for me.........:laugh:
Option 2 was Black/Bordeaux all leather. Option one was 2-tone partial leather. Full red is shown below (also all leather). I agree, full red is too much red.

Attachments

See less See more
Option 2 was Black/Bordeaux all leather. Option one was 2-tone partial leather. Full red is shown below (also all leather). I agree, full red is too much red.
The all Red I do not emotionally react to well.......I think we can easily figure out why that could be.
I love the bordeaux full leather with black dash...the black dash cuts sun glare...all red is too much for me
I was able to find what I've been told to be somewhat rare in a Boxster, Guard Red with 1/4 Bordeaux Red interior. It took me a few months but I was lucky to find it about 2hrs away from my house.

I added all the carbon fiber trim and the Bordeaux Red/ CF flat bottom steering wheel. She looks amazing

See less See more
I’ve got that interior combo with a white car and it looks great.
I was able to find what I've been told to be somewhat rare in a Boxster, Guard Red with 1/4 Bordeaux Red interior. It took me a few months but I was lucky to find it about 2hrs away from my house.

I added all the carbon fiber trim and the Bordeaux Red/ CF flat bottom steering wheel. She looks amazing

View attachment 26209
Dig that steering wheel! Is that from Suncoast, or what did it take you to make that happen?
Not from Suncoast, it was a special order that took 7 weeks.

But someone reached out to me and told me they can get it done in 3 weeks and 1 week for shipping

I can find the info if you need it, just send me a pm
I love the look of your car. The combo Black/ Bordeaux sport seats are perfect for my needs. I don't want to go for the very expensive, full Black/ Bordeaux sport seat plus leather option. Is the exterior color GT Silver or another Silver. Thanks. Your car is gorgeous. Enjoy.
One thing you'll always hear on the forum is "see it in person".......and this is SO true. Every 718 I see in person looks better in person - inside and out. If you find a color scheme online or in the Porsche configurator that you like, do your best to see it at your local dealer. You may like it even more.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.