Porsche 718 Forum banner

Cayman S for TV shoot - Everyday Driver

Tags
cayman s
5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  MattRG 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This is Paul, co-host of Everyday Driver on Amazon Prime and the Motor Trend cable channel.

Do you own, or know of any owner willing to let us drive and include their 718 Cayman S in an upcoming TV episode?

We are planning to shoot a multi-car TV episode featuring and comparing to the 2020 Toyota Supra and BMW M2 Competition, and are in need of the 718 Cayman S. Owners are absolutely invited to join the shoot with their car - no problem.

Our shoot is being planned for September, in and around the Salt Lake City/Park City, UT areas.

Please let me know if you’re able to join us with your car, or know someone who would be interested to join.

Thanks very much,

Paul
Co Host, Everyday Driver
everydaydrivertv@gmail.com
everydaydriver.com

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Chris, was that your CS in the episode "Return" yesterday? It looks like the one on the show. Congrats on your car being chosen as the winner between Cayman, M2 Competition and Supra. As usual, I thought Paul and Todd were fair in their assessment of the various cars. I feel their choice of Cayman was for best driver independent of price. They also mostly ignore exterior looks which I personally believe is a huge plus for the Cayman. Todd has dinged the Cayman in their last two reviews for interior looks, but in both cases they had a spec which was the basic interior without any upgrades (as Todd said he liked Paul's 981 CGTS interior which has full leather/alcantara).

#9 ·
Sorry for the delay. Yes, that was my Cayman. I initially took offense with the GTI interior comment, but my previous car was a MK7 GTI and I really liked the interior, so maybe it's not so negative. Not having the full leather interior is probably the one thing I would look for the next time I buy a Porsche. I had the full leather in my previous 718 and I miss it. But... Paul did mention that he thought Porsche was going for a "timeless" interior in the 718 and I agree with him. I'm not sure how all of these digital dashboards are going to hold up many years down the road - I tend to think they will not age very well.

For what it's worth, I totally agree with their findings. Their "conclusions" portion seemed edited a little to bring down the 718 slightly. It felt much more decisive when listening in-person. I did get a chance to drive the other two vehicles - not as much time in the Supra as I would have liked. I enjoyed the Supra, but would have preferred to have driven a manual version, which of course you cannot get. I really liked the M2C power delivery, but the handling was clearly not as sharp as the Cayman.

If I was buying new, and a lack of a manual didn't sway me, it might be hard to decide between the Supra and Cayman S.

#15 ·
Great episode. Worth the $2.99 Prime fee for purchase. And I'm not just saying that because of the result. I've driven the M2C and I bought the 718. No Supras were available for me to test drive a couple of months back when I made my purchase but I believe I still would have gone with the CPO Cayman which I bought at basically the same price as a new Supra. When comparing prices new for new I agree the choice gets more difficult but with so many great 2018 and 2019 model year CPO 718 cars out there I believe it is the best sports car purchase you can make in that price range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.