Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which specific fuse in the fuse panel is the Soundaktor connected to? I have not seen in any post, unless I missed it, where anyone has indicated which fuse to pull in order to disconnect/neutralize the power to the Soundaktor. I would think it is easier and takes less time to pull a fuse than it does to go through the process of pulling the carpet back in order to disconnect this device.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
It's been posted in a couple different threads, but it's the 7.5A fuse (there's only one) in the passenger-side fuse panel in the rear trunk.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Which specific fuse in the fuse panel is the Soundaktor connected to? I have not seen in any post, unless I missed it, where anyone has indicated which fuse to pull in order to disconnect/neutralize the power to the Soundaktor. I would think it is easier and takes less time to pull a fuse than it does to go through the process of pulling the carpet back in order to disconnect this device.
https://www.718forum.com/forum/how-...per-duper-soundaktor-disconnection-guide.html

There is a search option on this forum (top corner right) it comes up as the first thread, you will find some pictures in that thread 2,
enjoy

·
Registered
29 Posts
I pulled mine the other day and whilst I wouldn't say it's been a world changing mod like some people built it up to be, it's definitely removed some of those low rev vibrations and the sound seems much more authentic (if quieter). Being able to hear the true engine sound actually changes the way you drive - in a good way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's been posted in a couple different threads, but it's the 7.5A fuse (there's only one) in the passenger-side fuse panel in the rear trunk.

It's not posted in some threads, I have been searching for this fuse as well. So there is another fuse box in the rear trunk... I only knew of the two at the foot wells.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's not posted in some threads, I have been searching for this fuse as well. So there is another fuse box in the rear trunk... I only knew of the two at the foot wells.
It's even linked in this thread! But here you go - pics and everything:

https://www.718forum.com/forum/148474-post64.html

Honestly, super easy to do. Perhaps a little awkward due to the angle, but make sure your car is clean and you put something between you and the bodywork (to avoid scruffy trousers!) and you will be able to reach in without issue.

Fuse pulling option took me all of 3 minutes to do and when it comes to all things practical, I'm about as much use as a condom machine in the Vatican.

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL! It just now occurred to me that it literally only takes under 5 minutes to pull this fuse and be on your way. When I wrote up the “how to”, it took me nearly an hour because I wanted to get all the photos just right. ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I disconnected the Soundaktor in my Cayman after reading the post by @Viffermike before the fuse post by @garyinmotion showed up. Is there any advantage to also removing the fuse?

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOL! It just now occurred to me that it literally only takes under 5 minutes to pull this fuse and be on your way. When I wrote up the “how to”, it took me nearly an hour because I wanted to get all the photos just right. ?
The effort you went through was much appreciated. Your time was well spent.
Thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The effort you went through was much appreciated. Your time was well spent.
Thank you!
Thank you, sir!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I disconnected the Soundaktor in my Cayman after reading the post by @Viffermike before the fuse post by @garyinmotion showed up. Is there any advantage to also removing the fuse?

nope, just a different way to accomplish the same thing.

Reactions: ArchiProf

·
Registered
131 Posts
There was a (short) discussion here about it -> Viffermikes "directly pull the plug" method has (if there are any) no side effects, since it directly disconnects the Soundactor device. Removing the fuse may result to other (not known - and here never described - so possibly non existent) "electrical side effects".

But as you can read from the other guys posts they did not experience any. And we have no official statement form Porsch i guess ...
Me for myself i would also go for the fuse first when the time comes ... ;)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
There was a (short) discussion here about it -> Viffermikes "directly pull the plug" method has (if there are any) no side effects, since it directly disconnects the Soundactor device. Removing the fuse may result to other (not known - and here never described - so possibly non existent) "electrical side effects".

But as you can read from the other guys posts they did not experience any. And we have no official statement form Porsch i guess ...
Me for myself i would also go for the fuse first when the time comes ... ;)
And what exactly are you waiting for???? It's free. It's harmless and it makes the car better. If you don't like it, put the fuse back in.

Yes...It's an old post. I figure maybe someone interested in this will read it. I pulled my 7.5A fuse out the first night. I hate vibes like that evil thing makes. It's MY car, not Porsche's.

Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone ever heard anything about pulling the fuse? I have mine pulled but wondering if I should put it back and just d/c the SA instead - I'm trying to ask the Porsche service guys if they are aware of anything else that it does.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lots of info here about pulling the fuse.....most people say it does nothing else. I pulled mine 6 months ago with no problems.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Pulled my fuse a year and a half ago. No problems.

Reactions: CaymanMatt
1 - 20 of 28 Posts