Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
I have never heard of any other issues occasioned by disconnecting the soundaktor—either by pulling the fuse or the plug on the unit. Check Viffermike's thread (Viffermike's Super-duper Soundaktor Disconnection Guide) for both methods and lots of discussion.

Either way it is such a simple, easily reversible mod that hesitating to try it will probably waste more time than actually running the trial.

Mine is not going to be re-connected.

·
Registered
2018 718 Boxster GTS
18 Posts
GTS definitely have the Soundaktor. So easy to remove the fuse and see what you think. I removed it from my 2018 GTS a week ago, and I'm surprised at how much more I feel in touch with the engine while driving/shifting. It also has been helpful for conversations in the cabin and, overall, the car just feels more "real." Give it a shot!

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
21 Posts
Just got my GTS. I ll try this. It took all of 3 mins including bagging and tagging fuse (like suggested here). Now on a day it s not raining I ll try and report back.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman S 6MT
9 Posts
Anyone confirm applicable for MY2019? Thought I read somewhere on this forum it might have moved fuses...

·
Registered
966 Posts
My 2019 base Cayman had it in the rear right fuse box. Only 7amp fuse.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got my GTS. I ll try this. It took all of 3 mins including bagging and tagging fuse (like suggested here). Now on a day it s not raining I ll try and report back.
so to get access to the fuse panel it's in the trunk right side?

EDIT: just did mine and it only took about a whole 30 sec! did this here at work so i'll see on the drive home if i notice a difference. will report back later. thanks fellows!

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
21 Posts
Just did mine. A three minute mod. I wouldn't say it s a huge difference but better in the absence of a vibration sound or something. I m leaving it unplugged. I wish someone could isolate the sound that s eliminated, that would be interesting to hear.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts