Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving this color and want some owners to post pictures of their Crayon / Chalk 718s! Feel free to discuss what you love about it or hate about it.. it's a hard color to get in pictures that light almost porcelain gray looks great in the flesh and while I am awaiting the arrival of my 2018 Chalk 718 I was hoping to see some of yours!

·
Registered
833 Posts
So, don't as me my (and this is strictly a personal opinion, no judgement whatsoever) - I don't like Crayon on the 718, but I *LOVE* it on the GT3. I have no idea why.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@mazyo that looks so good on that GTS.... and thank you for sharing.. And @JakiChan it looks simply stunning on the GT3.. i am definitely in agreement there! has anyone got any photos of a chalk with ppf or ceramic coating?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crayon has to be seen in order to be appreciated. I am very happy with my GT Silver 718, but the best looking 718 I’ve seen was crayon with smoked headlight and tail lights, and black lettering. Distinctive and classy.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Crayon has to be seen in order to be appreciated. I am very happy with my GT Silver 718, but the best looking 718 I’ve seen was crayon with smoked headlight and tail lights, and black lettering. Distinctive and classy.
That is exactly correct. A few months back my wife and I were walking the dealership lot and there was 911 in Chalk......the first thing she said what color is that it's beautiful.......interesting color.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must say I am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh again.. my car was bought from a far away dealer so only seen a video and photos of it being loaded on the back of an enclosed trailer... 1 week hopefully!
@mazyo did the ceramic coating darken the paint at all? And what state are you in and what did you pay? was it the whole car?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 718 is Chalk...pictures don't do it justice...looks so much better in person. Ever since I ran across a chalk 911 S, I've been thinking about trading up...its gorgeous...however, for some reason a Panamera in chalk doesn't make it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Completely Agree - Chalk Panamera does not work... the 911 definitely looks better than the 718 in Chalk so far as i have seen... maybe that will change when i get mine! i have never been a fan of the panamera anyways...

·
Registered
474 Posts
What does crayon look like?
It looks nondescript on the configurator but it is a chameleon kind of colour/rich looking, and I may do that colour in future. To me white is well ho hum but crayon is truly classy.
...kind of looks like the 1977 Ford Thunderbird I drove in High School. Mine had a 351 Cleveland, a matching cloth interior and pillows! Called Dove grey...or was it chalk/crayon... hmmmmmm? ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I must say I am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh again.. my car was bought from a far away dealer so only seen a video and photos of it being loaded on the back of an enclosed trailer... 1 week hopefully!
@mazyo did the ceramic coating darken the paint at all? And what state are you in and what did you pay? was it the whole car?
Yes I did the whole car. I own a small detail business in my office building in Los Angeles so it only cost me $300 for the ceramic pro and labor.
It did not darken the color at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@cipher Crayon is the same as Chalk depending what country you are in... I first heard about it from my Friend who is a Porsche mechanic in Brisbane Australia and they call it Crayon not Chalk...

·
Registered
474 Posts
@cipher Crayon is the same as Chalk depending what country you are in... I first heard about it from my Friend who is a Porsche mechanic in Brisbane Australia and they call it Crayon not Chalk...
...or if your mechanic is working on a 1977 Ford Thunderbird...he'd call it Dove grey...no joke... ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts