Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
As @Porsche2018 pointed out, crayon (...I'm in Australia...) takes on the colour of its surroundings. After seeing white and crayon side by side, I thought they both looked great. Crayon, however, had the edge because its slightly less reflective appearance allows the shape of the car to be the most noticeable feature - which is a good thing on a 718 - rather than the colour itself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a boxster S in crayon. I originally wanted white and sat agonising in the show room at two 718s (white and crayon) as the crayon did look special. I chose the crayon in the end and haven’t regretted it. Black lettering and wheels really suit it too and as others have posted, it looks different in different lights. The car is beautiful in its own right but I do think it’s the colour that has turned heads, one guy walking over the street as I sat in traffic, to say what a stunning car I had ?. Will try and upload some photos..

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think crayon is a kind of like or hate thing... I personally liked it a lot. The dealer had almost two identical spect cgts on the spot, one in crayon and the other one in graphite blue. I liked both colors and found the crayon pretty special in the flesh but my wife was absolutely against it so I took the graphite blue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Chalk does look great. Just wondering if this is on PASM or SPASM?
My car is SPASM. I love it but it really should have been offered with a nose lift. I scrape it daily but not badly, the good thing is the front diffuser is plastic and can be replaced for around $175.

My friend asked me the other day if I were to spec it again would I get the SPASM and the answer is heck yes.

Hopefully Porsche will offer a nose lift in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am loving this color and want some owners to post pictures of their Crayon / Chalk 718s! Feel free to discuss what you love about it or hate about it.. it's a hard color to get in pictures that light almost porcelain gray looks great in the flesh and while I am awaiting the arrival of my 2018 Chalk 718 I was hoping to see some of yours!
Purchased 718 Boxster S in Nov 2018. Colour "Crayon" and black.
I often receive positive comments about the colour - sometimes when filling the car with petrol.
Usually younger people who think the colour is sporty.
I've attached a few photos - when the car was in the Dealership and also in my parking space in the CBD.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Truth to be said I fell in love with this color. Im about to place an order for my first ever porsche its gonna be a base cayman in chalk with the 20” carrera s wheels in high gloss black. As said pics don’t do justice to this color. Ive seen it in live. What I love about it amongst other things is it baffles everyone i.e you look at the car and you’re like “what the f.. is this?” i.e you’re trying to figure out what color it is. Its evasive and mysterious 😜.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
141 Posts
I m not really sure but after my first washing I d say maybe satin?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah Looks more like satin
Hard to see the difference in pics
Im going for the high gloss black on my new cayman with chalk color ☺

·
Registered
109 Posts
Love Crayon. Would have it if it wasn’t so expensive. If I were paying that amount would go for something like python or carmine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am loving this color and want some owners to post pictures of their Crayon / Chalk 718s! Feel free to discuss what you love about it or hate about it.. it's a hard color to get in pictures that light almost porcelain gray looks great in the flesh and while I am awaiting the arrival of my 2018 Chalk 718 I was hoping to see some of yours!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts